The grill isn't just for burgers anymore. Bust out some dough, and get this pizza fired up. Once you try grilled pizza, you'll never go back.
Brace yourselves. It's the last week of grill themed action packed calorie loaded fat kid Mondays here at Pass the Sushi. I know, I cried a little myself. But don't worry, there's a weekly online counseling program and an all new theme for Monday taking over that is just as good. Let's be realistic, nothing is as good as a flame kissed perfectly seasoned burger, but it's just about as good.
Summer Grilling Round Up:
- Personal Grilled Taco Pizzas
- Grilled Miso-Ginger Salmon
- Tex-Mex Bacon Burgers
- Braggin' Rights Smoked Brisket
- Barbecue Chicken Salad
- Whiskey Burgers
- Texas Shredded Beef
- Ultimate Steakhouse Burgers
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Grilled Tuna Steaks
- Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Brats
- Barbecue Ribs
- Chicken with Wild Rice
- Turkey Sliders with Avocado-Ranch Dressing
- Tilapia with Avocado Black Bean Relish
My grill isn't shut down forever, and I still have several recipes to share with you, it's just the last Flame On Monday for a while.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Pizza recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Farm Country Grilled Pizza
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 ¼ teas sugar
- 1 cup warm water - 105 – 115 degrees F
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz bulk pork sausage - cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup Alfredo pasta sauce
- 4 oz thinly sliced cooked ham - cut into strips
- 4 oz sliced bacon - cooked to crispy, drained, and crumbled
- ¾ cup chopped red and green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast and ¼ teas of sugar of the warm water. Let stand about 5 minutes or until yeast has become bubbly. Stir in 2 tbs of oil.
- In a food processor combine flour, salt, pepper, remaining sugar. Cover and pulse several times until just combined.
- With the processor running, using the feed tube, slowly pour in the yeast mixture in a steady stream. Process for 1 minute.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Divide dough into 4 portions. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Pat or roll each portion into an 8″ circle. Place on a flat baking sheet to transport to grill. Gather all ingredients and cooking spray and head to your grill.
- Clean grill grate and using caution spray with cooking spray until the grill is nice and shiny. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Brush one side of rolled out dough portions with remaining oil and place, oil side down, onto the hot grill surface and cook until light brown, firm, and grill marks start to appear (2-4 minutes).
- Flip, spoon Alfredo sauce onto each pizza, sprinkle on toppings and cover with cheese. Close lid and cook 4-6 minutes longer until crusts are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Cut each pizza into 4 slices and serve.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
Oh yes please. I'll take 2 please. One for now and one for later?
The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time says
I will definitely need to grief counseling. This has been an awesome series. I'll miss it, but I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. regarding the pizza; I was hooked at alfredo sauce. 🙂
I loved grilled pizza! My first experience with it was less than desirable, but I did well after that!
amanda @ fake ginger says
Nooooo! I'm so sad! The pizzas look really good though! Sausage and alfredo... mmm, I can't see how this could be bad!
Jen @ Savory Simple says
That's quite a pizza! Looks delicious, Kita 🙂
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious says
Alfredo on a grilled pizza? You are pure genus! And I'm so sad about the end of the series!
Sarah | Yahoo! Shine says
I feel like I've hit the mother lode of grilling recipes! Any number of these would be perfect for this month's Shine Supper Club. I hope you'll join us.
Individual pizzas are always a hit with everyone in our family. The name makes me smile. We live in farm country.
Alli Smith says
Grilled pizza is the bomb! Now I'm craving it and I need to fire up the grill and make your pizza recipe this weekend. It looks amazing. We grill outside just about all year long so I have plenty of time to try all these recipes.
Terri Steffes says
I'm sharing this post with my husband as he is the Grill King of our house. Love that there is a huge variety of food here!
Nancy L says
Wow! The pizza looks amazing! Can you believe I've never tried grilled pizza before? I MUST try this! I'm curious how the alfredo sauce tastes on pizza as I've never tasted it on pizza.
Amber Myers says
I would so try this version of pizza. I'm sure I'd love it! I haven't tried a pizza like this before, so I'm intrigued.
Cheryl Eugenio says
I am definitely intrigued. I've heard about it but never tried it. Sounds good though!
Sarah Bailey says
OK can this get into my belly right now please! It looks absolutely amazing! I could totally go for some!
I have been meaning to make grilled pizza for a while now. It sounds so tasty that way.
NYC Single Mom says
The downside to apartment lving is that I miss grilling. This is a great recipe. I am going to have to see if I can adapt it.
I’ve ales wanted to try grilling pizza but never had a good recipe. Now I know exactly what to do because of this post!
Lisa Favre says
Totally loving the fact that this pizza is grilled... how delicious! I'll take a bite (or two, or three...). Will definitely have to try this one out with the family!
lisa charleston says
WOW, this looks so good! I haven't eaten pizza in months but, I would love to create this gilled pizza. I think the kids and my husband would enjoy this, I'm bookmarking your page!
Chubskulit Rose says
In my personal opinion, grilled pizza is the best. This is making me hungry! My husband would love this too.
Kita Bryant says
This looks like it would be really fun to make! the pizza looks seriously amazing!
I have always wanted to try a grilled pizza!! They look so good and I bet they taste amazing as well! Great post!
Ruth I. says
I think this is a great idea! I've never tried it before but am excited to make some this weekend. Looks so delicious!
Karen Morse says
I could easily make this and take it with me to work! I love that it's easy to put together, pizza is always a great idea!