It's time to start brainstorming for the upcoming Father's Day weekend. When I think of Father's Day, I think of fishing, grilling, beach trips and back yard sitting. Most of all I think of burgers, steaks, ribs, and dogs!
Sure, celebrating dad by taking him out to a nice restaurant is great, but what dad doesn't love standing around over the grey charcoals with a beer in one hand just talking about the day? And these Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburgers are everything that is right with the world all in one giant cheesy bite. With crumbled bacon in the beef patty, a kick from some adobo and a gooey queso slathered on top, what's not to love?
Need a little something more to put your Father's Day grill menu over the top? Serve up these sides too!
These particular patties are easy to whip and resilient. So, even if your phone falls into the pond and you have to run around like a mad woman trying to scoop it out while the bacon grease sets off a major fire, everything will turn out great. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.
- 12 slices smoked bacon - 4 slices finely chopped and 8 left whole
- 1 ¼ lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 3 – 4 tbs grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 2 tbs pureed chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil - for drizzling
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles - well drained
- 4 soft burger rolls - split
- Crisp yellow corn chips
- Chopped onion - tomatoes, cilantro and pickled jalapeno
- Preheat and clean grill.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place a wire rack on a baking sheet (or use a broiler pan). Lay 8 slices of bacon over the wire rack and bake 10-12 minutes, until nice and crispy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, chopped bacon, onion, garlic, chipotle puree, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture into 4 even balls and gently mold into patties. Drizzle with olive oil and grill 5 minutes a side for medium.
- Meanwhile, make the queso sauce; Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook one minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Stir in the cheese and let melt. Lastly, stir in the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low while everything comes together.
- Layer burger rolls with grilled patties, queso sauce, back, corn chips, onion, tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
You'd better believe that these and other flame kissed creations will be devoured this upcoming weekend. What's on your Father's Day menu?