Tailgating. The pregame for the big game. The moment when you dawn your teams colors before they square off at the battle front, and share a warm meal with your friends and enemies. The communal moment of a great meal before things get heated.
Things are about to get really amped up, real quick. And i would hate to send you off to battle on an empty stomach. So, let me introduce you to your brand new tailgating secret weapon. Wait until you see the reaction when you whip this out. It’s like that scene with Tony Stark and Rhodey, except, you’re Iron Man and they are going to be in line for this bad boy once they see what it can do.
Let me introduce you to my little friend. The Cuisinart Alfrescamoré. That’s right, prop this bad boy right on the bed of your pick up truck, lock and load the propane and get to it. Once it’s preheated, it can bake just about anything. After you get the hang of it, making your entire tailgating meal in your Alfrescamore will be downright simple. Trust me, I even tested this baby with Mom’s apple pie.
As with any time you really want to impress your friends, I suggest practicing in the privacy of your own home before going all in with a crowd. The first pizza will burn. That’s just the learning curve. After that, its smooth sailing. We found rotating the pizza half way through, or sliding the pizza peel under thin crust after browning to let the top cook a little longer did the trick (no seriously, I experimented with like 7 different types of pizza dough just to make sure thing thing was legit). Premade crusts brown faster, don’t leave them untended. Fresh dough in your Alfrescamore is amazing. It rises perfectly and crisps up wonderfully.
I used the Alfrescamore at a pizza party to heat chicken wings for serving, made custom pizzas for everyone, and even served warm apple pie right from the pizza oven. Best part, there were like no dishes.
- 1 round of dough
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1 teas oregano
- 1 teas parsley
- 1/2 teas red pepper flakes
- Prosciutto, coppa, and bresaola
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Preheat the pizza oven.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough. Brush the olive oil over the dough surface. Toss the garlic on and dollop on the ricotta, pressing a bit to flatten. Sprinkle the oregano, parsley, and red pepper flakes on top. Arrange the proscuitto, coppa, and bresaola on the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Lastly, gently crack the eggs over top.
- Transfer the pizza to the pizza oven and cook until the pizza is crisp and golden on the bottom and the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and toss the arugula over top. Wait 5 minutes before slicing and serving.