Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

So yeah, these cinnamon rolls are all over the internet right now, along with anything else pumpkin. I was flipping through my new copy of Baked Elements and trying to figure out what recipes I would test for my review and the entire chapter on pumpkin caught my eye. Fall is here and apples and pumpkin are pretty much on every food blog out there. I’m pretty sure I would have been blacklisted from the food blogging community had I not posted something pumpkin related.

When I was making these, I didn’t think I was going to love them. None of the ingredients jumped out at me. Even when they were baking and the warm cinnamon roll smell filled my house, I wasn’t in love. I iced them and prepped the pictures and still was only mildly curious about them.

Then I took a bite…. and another… and another. Then I wrapped those babies up and drove to work and gave the rest away.

Let me just say. OMFG.

These are that good. I took them to work and gave them away because the only other option was to eat the rest all by myself one forkful at a time and that was going to happen.

Comments

Ooo, now there’s a good recommendation: “So good I had to immediately get them out of my house!” In my opinion, that’s what day jobs are actually for – a repository for a hobbyist baker’s overflow. :D What’s extra awesome is that looking over the recipe…I have ALL of those ingredients. Yeeesss….myeess…../rubs hands together

Isn’t that something. I’m a huge pumpkin fan, but I have to admit that the title of the goodies doesn’t rock my boat either. They look amazing though; and if they’re so good that you had to whisk them out of the house, that’s a good enough recommendation for me. With all the amazing things you cook, I’m surprised you don’t have fat co-workers.

3. carolyn says

Cinnamon rolls are one of my great weaknesses. I am supposed to be watching what I eat since I have two children getting married next year – however, I will have to make the exception to my rules and I WILL be making these tomorrow. Nothing better than the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon on a crisp fall morning.

I would stand in line for these babies :) It’s like a celebration of autumn on a plate covered with icing! I’m featuring this post in today’s Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution as always). Thanks for continuing to inspire me with your creations…

5. Nicole says

Made these this morning – worried about the amount of butter for dough. it only lists 3/4 butter is this stick or cups? iused cup have a feeling it was toooooo much butter. dough was very sticky and did roll up well. Any tips would be appreciated!

6. Becca says

most impossible cinnamon roll recipe ever. i’m sure they’ll taste alright but the dough was horrible to work with…didn’t roll up well at all. if i was the yelling and cursing type that’s what i would have been doing while trying to roll up these cinnamon rolls.

Do you mean butter in the dough or butter in the filling? My dough was super tacky. I dusted a teaspoon more flour into it and was able to get it to form a ball and then roll it out after resting.

• Nicole says

Hi,
          I was wondering about the butter for the dough. I used cups not sticks. I wonder if that would have helped a bit. I could barely roll and cut them. It also took almost an hour to cook and they still came out very doughy :( Want to give this recipe another try, it looks too good to give up on! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

7. Jessi says

I made these today and they turned out really nicely. I made a few changes, though:

-I doubled the cardamom (I’m a Scandinavian. We can’t help these things).
    -I used 3/4 cup of butter instead of 3/4 stick…mainly because I didn’t read the recipe. It worked just fine, and may have helped with these dough issues you all are talking about. The dough DID come out really sticky–too much so. I added more flour and that solved everything. Next time, I’ll probably add more cinnamon and reduce the milk a little bit.
    -I also added raisins. No need for frosting on these for me, since they were sweet enough already!

These did take a bit longer than expected to bake. Could have been the pumpkin…could have been my oven. Either way, I know what we’ll be eating for breakfast tomorrow!