No lie, I am not a fruit eater (obviously). I just never had it and the texture became weird to me. But, as an adult I realize how important it is to enjoy a balanced diet of all things and that fruit is an excellent source of all the good little things that keep the heart pumping and the body happy and I have been diligently working on my fruit consumption.
From sneaking berries into my daily spinach smoothie to slicing an apple and making sure to chow down on it between meals – I am slowly working fruit (and not just the bits you find in ice cream) into my daily meals. Heck I had no idea that fruit was also a great sugar replacement for my snack cravings – 1 cup of fresh strawberries is only 50 calories?! No way! (True). And only 8 True). And only 8 Florida Strawberries is your Vitamin C for the day. Two birds, one happy healthy stone.
Since I am not too keep on sweets (though, I have made some killer strawberry themed desserts & cocktails in the past), I wanted to find a way to start sneaking strawberries into my savory foods as well. I love the idea of mixing a few into salsa and salads! There’s a quantity even my picky palette can appreciate. Today, I decided to go a little while and make a luxurious grilled cheese oozing with creamy brie and popping with a burst of sharp flavor from the basil and freshly ground black pepper. For some more strawberry recipe inspiration – check the list of recipes below or click here and check out Florida Strawberry Recipes directly from the source.
This weekend I was lucky to spend the weekend catching up with the team at Florida Strawberries in Tampa! Check out my Instagram feed for pics of the stunning Epicurean Hotel, the tasty Cask Social Kitchen, Ava , Edge Rooftop Bar at Epicurean, Elevage , Bern’s Harry Waugh Dessert Room! I will be tagging them and sharing pics all weekend long! And bonus – I will be speaking on photography so be sure to catch up for some great tips on that too!
Check out all of these delightful Strawberry inspired recipes!
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.