Sometimes it's about the simple things. Ok, lately, it's all about the simple things. Finding time to squeeze in a homemade baked good instead of just binging in the bakery aisle like I am a kid who just toked up for the first time leaving with 4 desserts between two people under the judgemental eye of the sales clerk (true story, minus the toking). These strawberry oatmeal bars are perfect for on the go quick busy weekdays (or even weekends). I had a few jars of homemade strawberry jelly from Handsome's mom and I thought - even though he cherishes his stash dearly - that these bars would be a perfect way to incorporate a little sweet snack with her hard work. And I was right. They didn't last three days.
So much for not breaking down at the market. 😉
- 1 ¾ sticks unsalted butter - cold and cut into ¼" pieces
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teas baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- One 10 to 12 oz jar strawberry preserves - I used homemade strawberry jelly from my boyfriends mom. So freakin good!
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper and grease and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together with your fingertips until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover with the strawberry preserves.
- With your hands for small patties out of the remaining batter and press onto the strawberry preserves. Don't worry about perfection.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until top is golden and batter cooked through.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Christiane ~ Taking On Magazines says
I'm making these ... maybe even today. Now I just need to snag a jar of Handsome's mom's jam. Hmmmmm