Strawberry lemonade popsicles are just the sweet treat we need on a hot summer day. They're super easy to make, and of course, super delicious, too.
Something about popsicles remind me of hot summer days, lounging in the grass barefoot, the music box sound of an ice cream truck long gone and the forgotten giggles of childhood. I have never been much for frozen treats; one or two bites and I'm satisfied, so anything on a stick melted long before I even came close to finishing. I recently saw a popsicle recipe book and was reminded of the endless flavor combinations that are possible.
Even though I may not love lots of frozen treats, strawberry lemonade popsicles here and there would be nice.
And I do run a food blog... You know, cuz I needed an excuse to have popsicle molds in the kitchen... 😀
These strawberry lemonade popsicles became melty little treats almost instantly, and I believe I may be hooked. Now there is a list of popsicle recipes I want to try making.
Have any great flavors you want to recommend?
What about ADULT POPSICLES!!! These might be my absolute favorite summer treat. Try out these frozen bits of boozy goodness.
Chocolate Dipped Boozy Pina Colada Popsicles
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Pops with RumChata
Chocolate Martini Pudding Pops
If you’ve tried my Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
For the Lemonade Layer:
- 1 ⅓ cups lowfat yogurt - plain or vanilla
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon sugar
For the Strawberry Layer:
- 1 pint strawberries - cored and quartered
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
First, make the lemonade layer mixture.
- Heat the lemon juice in a small, microwaveable bowl for around 45 seconds and dissolve all the sugar into it.
- Pour this mixture into a medium bowl with the yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble popsicles.
Make strawberry layer mixture.
- Place the strawberries, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a bowl.
- Simmer for around five minutes until the strawberries are soft.
- Pour this mixture and the lemon juice into a food processor and pulse until almost pureed, but not liquefied. (I was feeling lazy and used a potato masher)
- Chill in the refrigerator until cool, and then whisk the yogurt into the strawberry mixture until well combined.
- Assemble the popsicles.
- Use a teaspoon or tablespoon to carefully spoon alternating layers of lemon and strawberry mixture into your molds.
- If you typically like your lemonade more sweet than tart, use more strawberry layers than lemon. If you prefer more tart than sweet, use more lemon layers than strawberry.
- Freeze overnight.
- To unmold, dip molds into warm water and gently pull popsicles out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!