Smooth, decadent, and not for the kids. These Dulce de Leché Cheesecake Pops with RumChata are out of this world! I might need to start a new workout routine just for this...
We're almost there... Only a few more weeks until summer vacation. Kids are out, schedules slow down, vacations are to be had, and beaches are to be enjoyed.
Yeah right! My schedule never slows down. But hopefully you are in final countdown mode and are looking forward to all things warmer weather and longer days are bringing. Me, I'm just hoping to make it to my Cinco de Mayo festival on time! Cuz I am totally bringing these Dulce de Leché Cheesecake Pops... especially after I added a little RumChata to them... And then added a little more. If they all disappear on the way to the party, no one will know, right? Bring a jar of salsa to use as a back up plan. You may need it.
It was the first race of the mountain bike season for me last Sunday. Bikes everywhere. People everywhere. It's fun, social, and insanely competitive all at the same time. I have been really proud of my riding. I felt like something just clicked and that I have been riding better than ever. The race went well, despite my nerves. I was hanging in there, passing and really getting my groove on, but my chain came off and I dropped a few places and things just never seemed to pick up. The group was good too. A great mix of true beginner and great riders who had never 'raced' before. Made for a great line up and a fun competition. I just think I ride faster when I'm just out having fun with friends... So, all in all, I'm not terribly happy with my race, or my time. But, given racing makes me so darned anxious, I have got to be ok with it, or bite the bullet and train harder. I'm thinking, I'm just going to be ok with it. ;D Due to my race time, I didn't really trek into the woods to take snaps of make of the riders like I enjoy doing. But all was fun. Like I said, it's a great day for everyone.
What is Rumchata?
A magically delicious blend of Caribbean Rum and Wisconsin Dairy. Yeah, it's good. Check out their website here for more info.
Let's make these Cheesecake Pops!
If you’ve tried my Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Pops with RumChata recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
I absolutely love adult popsicles. Maybe a little too much... But these are worth trying!
Chocolate Dipped Boozy Pina Colada Popsicles
Chocolate Martini Pudding Pops
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Pops with RumChata
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup rumchata - plus 2 tbs
- ⅔ cup dulce de leche
- ½ cup cinnamon cereal - crushed
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and sugar, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and add the sour cream, half-and-half, and ¼ cup rumchata. Beat until combined over low speed.
- Spoon a layer of the mixture into 8 pop molds or small cups (I find the Dixie cups with wax coating on the inside work great for these!). Place in freezer and let set for 2 hours. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining cream cheese mixture).
- Mix the dulce de leche and remaining 2 tbs rumchata in a bowl. Spoon ⅔ of it into a ziplock bag and snip the corner off. Take the pops from the freezer and squeeze a layer of dulce de leche on each. Add a pop stick and top with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Place in freezer until set, 4 to 6 hours longer.
- When ready to serve, dip the pops into the remaining dulce de leche mixture and then roll in crushed cereal. Serve immediately.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
These are awesome!!
Christiane ~ Taking On Magazines says
I picked the wrong day to give up caramel. Okay, no, I didn't give up caramel. I just like saying that. I love caramel. It makes me weep with joy. See, you've got me weeping over here. Thanks. I hope you're happy now.
Emily @ Life on Food says
These look amazing. I totally need to get on my summer treats and pull out my ice cream maker.
Wow, wow! I realize, after reading the recipe, it's kinda sorta an all-grown up version of my all time fave from DQ...the Nutty Buddy bar. Thanks, it's now on my to-try list.