It's mid August, but I'm net letting summer slip away without a fight! There's still ice cream to be enjoyed, sprinkles to be had, and in this case, a topping palooza to bring down the house. First, I jazzed up some malted milk ice cream with a little bourbon to keep it smooth and delightful then I went to town creating an ice cream bar with more toppings than I could handle! Whipped cream, hot fudge, cherries, caramel corn, malted milk balls, and caramel waffle cookies (hello Whole Foods, have all the moneys). All and it made for a fun impressive twist on a weeknight dessert!
What toppings would be a must at your dream ice cream bar?
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teas vanilla
- ⅔ cup malt powder
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- 2 cups malted milk balls - chopped
- Whisk the heavy cream, vanilla, and malt powder in a lathe bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale yellow.
- In a saucepan, warm the half-and-half with the sugar and salt until just steaming (tiny bubbles will form around the edges). While continuously whisking, slowly pour the warm half-and-half mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks. Transfer the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour the egg custard through a strainer, whisking into the heavy cream mixture. Lastly, whisk n the bourbon.
- Bring the temperature down by continuing to whisk the bowl in an ice bath before covering and allowing to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- When completely cool, churn the ice cream according to the manufacturers directions on your ice cream maker. When set, fold in the chopped malted milk candies.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
This ice cream looks so crazy good!! LOVE it!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Mmm bourbon malted ice cream! I would love to pour on some peanut butter sauce and reese's cups.
These look amazing!!!