Nutter Butter Banana Pudding; a quick and delicious snack that will have you scraping the bottom of the jars for more.
Nutter Butter Banana Pudding
I can not believe how easy this recipe is to make. A couple minutes over the stove and it is ready for the fridge. You have to use a real vanilla bean. This is so crucial to flavor. I was tempted to grab the jar of extract myself. Big no. Like, my cooking may change from now on difference. Set these out for some guests, or the kids when they get out of school. Yum.
If you’ve tried this Nutter Butter Banana Pudding recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- dash salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 sleeve peanut butter cookies, about 12 cookies
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk in the cream and milk. Add the egg yolks.
- Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds into the saucepan. Don't skip this step or replace it with vanilla extract - this one bean goes a long way.
- Whisk the mixture until everything is combined.
- Place the saucepan over a burner and set the heat to medium high. While whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and the butter and stir vigorously for two minutes to release excess heat. The mixture will be smooth and thick.
- Place plastic wrap directly against the pudding and let cool in the fridge at least one hour.
- After pudding has cooled, remove from fridge while preparing the bananas.
- Slice the bananas and toss with orange juice. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter cookies in a heavy duty Ziploc bag and beat to fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Place a layer of peanut butter cookie crumbs in a serving jar and top with banana slices.
- Place a dollop of pudding over the bananas to cover and repeat the process as needed to fill remaining jar/s.
- Top with a sprinkle of cookie crumbs and banana slices. Serve and don't expect leftovers.
adapted from Baked Explorations