This Banana-Nut Pound Cake slices into perfect layers of moist dense cake. Like a traditional pound cake, but amplified. It is a humble cake, with an amazing glaze.
Making Banana Nut Pound Cake With Whiskey
Maple Crown Royale is sort of a love hate thing for a lot of people. Crown Royale purists scoff at the idea of any sort of flavoring in their Crown, but anyone with a lick of a spoon of cooking sense knows what potential Maple Crown Royale has.
I was turned onto it for banana nut pound cake and now I want to pay it forward and share it with you.
What’s the difference between banana bread and banana pound cake?
You know, it seems pretty obvious, but then again, maybe not. If the first thing that comes to mind is bread is shaped like a loaf of bread and cake is shaped like a cake, then it seems simple.
But a cake can be rectangular, as much as bread can be circular.
And both pound cake and banana bread are yeastless. They both rise with baking powder instead of yeast.
So maybe using icing sets them apart, but no, icing is used on both banana breads and pound cakes.
In this case, it comes down to consistency. No, not like the calling you back in a timely fashion type consistency. I am talking the texture of the bread/cake. Pound cake is lighter, fluffier, and sweeter usually than banana bread.
Banana bread tends to be more dense. This is due to the type of flour used. You can use any type of flower for this recipe. If you want a much lighter and more cake-like pound cake, then use pastry or cake flower. (Which is just pastry flower by another name).
If you are looking for a true banana bread recipe then check out my espresso banana bread. Now that is a bread-like banana bread.
Need more simple but delicious cake inspiration? Look no farther!
Browned Butter Coffee Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Skillet Apple Upside Down Cake
Pear Cornmeal Cake
Rum and Date Cake with Caramel
If you’ve tried my Banana-Nut Pound Cake with Maple Crown Royal Glaze recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Banana-Nut Pound Cake with Maple Crown Royal Glaze
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz package cream cheese - softened
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium bananas - mashed (1 cup)
- ¼ cup Maple Crown Royal
- ¼ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 10″ bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out any excess.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugars together until smooth and fluffy, about 7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the bananas, Maple Crown Royal, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and wiggle a little to even out. (the cake, not your booty).
- Bake for 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is a nice golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
If desired top with a Maple Crown Royal glaze:
- whisk ½ cup powdered sugar with 1 – 2 teas Maple Crown until a thick glaze forms.
- Add extra liquid or sugar to loosen or tighten the glaze.
- Spoon over the cake and sprinkle with additional nuts if needed.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!