Get ready to fall in love with the ultimate fusion of flavors—our Nutella Banana Bread recipe! With every slice, experience the delightful combination of moist banana bread swirled with dreamy Nutella, creating a heavenly treat that’s impossible to resist.
Banana Bread is one of those desserts that can be eaten for breakfast, like Apple Fritters or Sticky Buns. With swirls of chocolate hazelnut spread, creamy mashed bananas, shredded coconut, yogurt, and crunchy nuts, we guarantee this will be the best banana bread you’ve ever had.
What Is Nutella Banana Bread?
This isn’t your traditional banana bread made with only bananas and maybe some nuts. Oh, no. This is Nutella Banana Bread. Nutella Banana Bread is essentially the same thing as regular banana bread but infused with thick ribbons of Nutella, providing a chocolate banana explosion in each bite. Even if you’re not a fan of Nutella, you will LOVE this delicious recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe
If you’re a fan of comfort food with a twist of indulgence, you’re in for a treat with our Nutella Banana Bread recipe! Imagine sinking your teeth into a slice of freshly baked banana bread with swirls of Nutella. It’s a match made in dessert heaven that brings the goodness of ripe bananas together with the rich cocoa hazelnut goodness of Nutella. Want more Nutella recipes? Try these Nutella Cinnamon Rolls!
- All-purpose flour
- Shredded coconut
- Baking soda
- Overripe bananas
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
How to Make Nutella Banana Bread
Prepping for Baking
First things first, preheat your oven to a toasty 350 degrees F. Grab some small loaf pans and grease them up with shortening. Line them with parchment paper, then grease them again and give a dusting of flour. Knock out any extra flour.
Mixing the Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, let’s play with the dry ingredients. Mix together the flour, shredded coconut, sugar, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Set this bowl of awesomeness aside.
Creating the Smashed Bananas
In a separate bowl, mash up the ripe, dark brown bananas until creamy. Add in the yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and a dash of vanilla. Mix it all up until combined.
Mix and Swirl
Gently pour the banana mixture into the dry mixture. Stir it all around about 10 times—don’t overdo it! The batter will be thick and a little lumpy, and that’s just the way we want it. If you want to add texture, throw in those slivered almonds.
Add the Nutella
Grab a microwave-safe bowl and warm up the Nutella. Pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds, stir it up, then give it another 15 seconds. It should be runnier than normal.
Divide half of the banana batter among the four pans. Spoon half of the Nutella onto the batter in the pans. Now, grab a butter knife and create Nutella swirls.
Divide the remaining batter equally and do another swirl of Nutella.
Slide the bread pans into the oven and bake the bread. It’ll take about 25-30 minutes for the toothpick test to come out clean.
Once out of the oven, let the loaves cool off completely until they’re at room temperature. If you’re using metal pans, give them about 20 minutes before gently freeing the loaves. If it’s disposable pans, let them chill right where they are.
Slice and Indulge
Slice up each cooled loaf, and get ready for Nutella-infused banana bread perfection.
Expert Recipe Tips
- Mix your dry and wet ingredients separately. Only mix them together right at the moment you are ready to pour them into your pan. The leavening agents of baking powder and baking soda start working as soon as any moisture is involved. So make the most of them, but only mix the wet and dry ingredients right before going into the oven.
- Grease your pan with shortening instead of butter. Sometimes, the butter scorches and will cause an unpleasant flavor, as well as making it hard to take the bread out of the pan.
- Mix your dry ingredients with a whisk so they are stirred before adding to the liquid ingredients.
- Don’t over-mix the wet and dry ingredients. Get them evenly mixed, but don’t over stir. You don’t want a lot of gluten protein chains building up in the batter.
Leftovers & Reheating
Store any leftover Nutella Banana Bread in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. If you haven’t eaten it by then (GASP), then pop it into the fridge for up to 1 week. If you want to enjoy your delicious banana bread at a later time, either freeze the entire loaf of banana bread or cut it into individual slices and keep it for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to dig in, pop a slice of banana bread into the microwave or toaster oven until warm.
Nowadays, you will find Nutella pretty much everywhere. In supermarkets, it is typically on the shelf by the peanut butter, but you can also find it often on the baking aisle.
Absolutely! If you’re not a huge coconut fan, feel free to leave it out.
More Banana Bread Recipes
Indulge in the chocolatey goodness of Nutella Banana Bread, whether you’re searching for a new decadent breakfast or making a batch for friends and family! Once you sink your teeth into this moist bread, you’ll be hooked. If you tried this recipe, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment to help out the next reader!
Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls
- 2 cups flour - plus more for dusting pan
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teas baking soda
- 1/2 teas salt
- 3 ripe - dark brown bananas
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 6 tbs unsalted butter - melted and cooled
- 1 teas vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 4 small loaf pans. Line with parchment paper, butter again and dust with flour, being sure to knock out any additional.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed banana with the yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Gently add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir about 10 times. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Fold in the slivered almonds if using.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the Nutella for about 15 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 15 to make the Nutella smooth. Set aside.
- Divide half of the batter among the 4 prepared pans.
- Spoon half of the Nutella over the batter filled pans and using a butter knife, swirl the Nutella.
- Evenly divide the remaining batter and repeat the Nutella swirl with the remaining Nutella.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, not including any hot melty Nutella goodness.
- Cool loaves completely. If using a metal pan, remove from pan after 20 minutes. If disposable pans, just allow the bread to cool in the pans.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!