Waffle ice cream sandwiches are exactly what you need on a hot summer day. This easy-to-make frozen treat combines prepared waffles and your favorite flavor of ice cream. What could be easier than a 2 ingredient summer dessert?!
Alright, let’s not beat around the bush, it’s hot out. But you share a space on this wonderful planet with me and already know that. In case you had a moment to forget about it seems to be all the news cares to talk about at the moment and Facebook is filled with posts updating me on the status of Mother Nature. Guess what guys, she’s still PMSing so lets move on.
Time to whip out the old slip and slide and embrace things. You can even be real classy and run down to the Walmarts pick yourself up a little plastic wading pond and some floaties and make the best of things in style. Come on, you know your tempted to keep the real estate value up in your neighborhood. If Handsome hadn’t already installed a pimped out pond a few years back, I’d be tempted to do so myself.
In the meantime lets keep cool with our frozen desserts from our childhood.
The best part about these little babies?
As they were melting the mess was pretty self-contained to the wonderful little waffle pockets of the one below it. How awesome is that? OK, maybe not that awesome, but it made me happy when I discovered the bonus ice cream. 😀
- 1 package frozen waffles ( I was feeling quite wild and got the ones with chocolate chips. Now that’s living on the edge)
- Ice cream flavors of choice
- Remove ice cream from freezer to soften a bit.
- Toast waffles as per directions on box. Make sure they are well toasted, no one wants a soggy waffle. That’s what the ice cream is fore.
- Scoop out ice cream onto one waffle and use another to top your sandwich.
- If you really want to make a party out of things, top with whipped cream, sprinkles and fudge for a great blast to your childhood.
- If you feel like classing up the joint, sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.