Maybe it's just because vacations are few and far between - but I feel like work is like a pet goldfish (or a python on the loose in Florida), it simply grows to fit its surroundings. So, every time you give it a bigger habitat, it grows. My work is a bunny and it's going to just keep making more work until I go all Bob Barker on it (kids, ask your parents).
So, I've got to learn to keep it in check. My workload already consumes 99% of my mental activity and a huge chunk of my time, both in and out of the office. I have created this wild ravinous beast, I am going to get it undercontrol.
For example, mandatory Happy Hours.
Good starting place right? I thought so.
And on to the cocktail.
- 1 ½ oz white rum, or coconut or pineapple flavored rum, if you have it handy
- Coconut Water with Pineapple
- 1 teas fresh pineapple juice
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- Muddle the mint in the bottom of your glass and fill with ice.
- Pour the rum and pineapple juice into the glass and top off with the coconut water.
- Give a quick stir and enjoy responsibly.
This week I was out to dinner at a local restaurant and had a refreshing cocktail that combined coconuts with a timeless mojito. I came home and made it my mission to recreate it.