So, I was There was a moment a few weeks ago when I was on the border bout whether I wanted to make a GirlCarnivore worthy dessert. Something that mixed both the sweet dessert with the K9 craving that GC is known for. I came up with this little cinnabun of bacon. A sweet and salty treat for those who love to play with their bacon. Finally, I crisped up a whole bunch of extra bacon, ate it, then did another batch to make the bacon sprinkles for this dessert.
And for a brief moment, all was right with the world.
Do you love mixing your sweet and savory in one magical bite – or are you a fan of straight up sweet in one bite, then savory in another? I’m curious. Would your family wake up and nibble on these for breakfast or is this a post dinner late in the night snack?
- 1 8 oz can Pillsbury cinnamon buns, set icing aside
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate stuffed chocolate cookies
- 4 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the can for the cinnamon rolls. Grease a 9" round cake pan and set aside.
- Chop the bacon into 1/4" pieces and plan in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, carefully deconstruct the cinnamon rolls, unrolling them and pressing them flat. Cut each of the cookies into 1/4's or 1/8's. Press cookie pieces evenly into each of the flattened rolls. Carefully, roll everything back up and arrange in the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and flakey. Remove from oven and slather in icing. Allow to rest for 3 minutes before sprinkling with bacon (bacon sprinkles?! yay!).
- Serve and enjoy.