This copycat Olive Garden chicken scampi recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It tastes great, and it’s less expensive to make it at home.
Raise your hand if you love a great copycat recipe at home.
Mine’s raised. True story.
I can’t always swing going out to eat, even if I love unlimited soup and breadsticks, so crafting resturaunt quality recipes at home has become a little hobby of mine in recent years.
And it turns out, they aren’t that complicated.
I have a few here in the recipe archives that are always a hit, like the Chicken Gnocchi Soup, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Lasagna Fritta. They are
For this tasty pasta recipe, things are actually pretty easy. Let’s break it down.
What is chicken scampi?
Chicken Scampi is a light pasta dish made with a creamy garlic wine sauce served over angel hair pasta. The smooth sauce has notes of butter and lemon and is perfectly paired with a dry white wine.
Variations of scampi often include shrimp or prawns and other seafood.
What goes with chicken scampi?
Even though it’s a pasta dish, it is on the lighter side, with the pan cooked chicken and delicate angel hair pasta. Meaning, I like to keep the pairings light and breezy too.
Great ideas to serve chicken scampi with are
- Dry White Wine
- Lightly steamed green beans
- Crusty baguette or other fresh hot bread
- Lightly dressed salad with seasonal vinagrette
How to make chicken scampi:
Chicken scampi is a super easy dish to make. But shhh. Keep that between us, because it looks like a top dollar restaurant recipe every time you serve it.
To make the recipe, it is important to have all your ingredients prepped and ready ahead of time. Slice the peppers, have the sauce ingredients measured out.
Once you have prepped everything you quickly whip up the scampi sauce and cook the chicken while boiling the water for the angel hair pasta.
If you time everything just right, it all comes together smoothly and relatively quickly.
Looking for some delicious pasta meals? Try these out
If you’ve tried my Copycat Chicken Scampi recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
For the white sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk, hot
For the scampi sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the Scampi Assembly
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the White Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoons butter in sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on med-high heat.
- Heat stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the 3/4 cup hot milk.
- Set aside and keep warm.
For Scampi Sauce
- Heat butter in a clean pan over low heat.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the wine and chicken broth.
- Stir until combined and cook on low about 30-40 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Off heat, stir in the lemon juice.
For the Scampi Assembly
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil. Cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the peppers and onions, and saute until the chicken is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Add the sauce and toss with the cooked angel hair.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.
Adapted from: GeniusKitchen.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate from nutritionix.com. For specific health concerns, please put the recipe into your Dr recommended nutrition calculator.