If the way to a man’s heart, is through his stomach, than I have a recipe that is guaranteed to seal the deal. Seriously, you will be lucky if this one makes it to the plate before forks are diving in for creamy flavor filled bites.
This was the first real dish I posted on Pass the Sushi and it had been a really long time since I made it. There’s a reason why… just look at the ingredient list. We’re talking serious fat kid love, but it’s a good fat kid love. A serious clog your arteries but can’t stop licking the plate kind of late night by chance meeting up at a bar and really needing a shower the next morning kind of good.
So, I felt that it needed another round on here. I am done with the ‘two new a week’ category since it quickly doubled or even tripled on some weeks as we know all of
You’re going to look over the ingredient list and cringe at one of the ingredients, but trust me, or work around it. I think the ‘cheese product’ that we shall refer to as Velveeta from this point on, makes the cream sauce thicken up a bit, and adds a bit of pop. This one is heavy, takes some prep time, and is totally worth every single calorie.
The ingredient list is long, but I promise, it’s worth it. For the two of us, this makes multiple meals that I place in casserole dishes and freeze for later.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lbs medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1 tbp olive oil
- 1 to 2 lbs chicken boneless, skinless, dark or light meat, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 12-ounce package fettuccine
- 1/2 lbs Andouille sausage, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 oz pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (a.k.a. Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large non-stick skillet melt the butter over medium heat and cook shrimp until no longer pink, 3 minutes a side. Set aside and cover.
- In a large stock pot, or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering.
- Brown chicken on all sides 5-10 minutes.
- Check for doneness and place chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook sausage 10 minutes, until browned.
- Add the sausage to the chicken in bowl and cover.
- Meanwhile, prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same stock pot, add onion, pepper, celery, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Stir in Cajun seasoning and flour and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth, whisking to avoid clumps.
- Increase heat to medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in heavy cream and pasteurized cheese; stir to melt cheese.
- Stir in reserved chicken, sausage and pasta. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add shrimp, green onions, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 727Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 284mgSodium: 2148mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate from nutritionix.com. For specific health concerns, please put the recipe into your Dr recommended nutrition calculator.