Tortellini bake with rose sauce is quick and easy meatless meal. Loaded with lots of cheese and marinara sauce, it's a comfort food dish that everyone will love.
What is a Rose Sauce?
Don't let the phrase "rose sauce" fool you. There's no wine in this recipe. Rose sauce is basically the love child of red sauce and a cream base. In this case, marinara sauce combined with cream cheese! (If you haven't been paying attention, I love cheese)
What Kind of Tortellini do I use for a Tortellini Bake?
That is up to you. You can go with fresh or frozen, as you will boil them before putting the dish together. Just make sure that you don't overcook them. You do want them to still be able to absorb a little of the sauce while in the oven. Otherwise, this is up to you. I call this a meatless meal, but that depends on the tortellini. Many traditional varieties come stuffed with meat already, so check the ingredients if you have vegetarians sneaking around 😉
What kind of Sauce goes into a Tortellini Bake?
Again, up to you. And again, I run a site called Girl Carnivore, so I won't think anything amiss if you try this with a meat sauce or Bolognese. That is part of what makes this dish so easy and versatile. If you have a jar or can of red sauce in the pantry, a tub of homemade in the freezer, or even a couple half full jars hiding in the back of the fridge, you can use what you have on hand. Or, go out and get a kick butt sauce specifically for this meal. Because it is worth making again. And it is worth planning it out to have an amazing feed.
- Looking for more easy pasta recipes? These are sure winners!
If you’ve tried my Quick Tortellini Bake with Rose Sauce recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 20 oz frozen or refrigerated tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24-oz jar jar of spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one large baking dish or two small ones with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook the tortellini as per the package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, stir together the spaghetti sauce, cream cheese, milk, ½ cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
- Pour the tortellini into prepared baking dish and cover with sauce mixture. Toss a bit to combine.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the mozzarella cheese and the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 754Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 1422mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate from nutritionix.com. For specific health concerns, please put the recipe into your Dr recommended nutrition calculator.