Stuffed chicken breasts might sound like a fancy meal, but they’re really very easy to make. They’re stuffed with goat cheese and then wrapped in bacon, which makes them the perfect weeknight family dinner.
With all the tasty recipes for baked goods on Pass the Sushi, it’s hard to give the day to day dinners any of the limelight but I feel really strongly on solid family dinners and almost every night I try to have something on the table.
I grew up with family dinner – every night. It was nothing fancy (most nights just Shake and Bake) but there was a meat, starch and vegetable – the basics for any solid meal. I’m grateful for those dinners and that we didn’t have nights eating in front of the television.
These days, not every meal I put on the table is complicated (heck, we know I’m not the next Food Network Star) or photo worthy, but they are good and I can’t imagine not having them.
I’m most proud of the recipes that I create myself, like these stuffed chicken breasts.
I used goat cheese on the inside because it’s delicious and creamy and I used bacon on the outside because – HELLO – it’s bacon!
Not only is a good dinner healthy and rewarding but its great unwind time with the people you share your space with – or if you’re solo, just unwind time. No TV, phones or other media – just simple, quiet time to decompress. Some of my favorite nights are the ones we spend just sitting at the table laughing at the pets. I wouldn’t trade those moments for the world.
If you’ve tried my Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- Olive Oil
- Slice goat cheese into thin strips.
- On a flat surface, arrange plastic wrap in a single layer. Place the chicken, one at a time in the center, and cover with another sheet of plastic wrap.
- Pound out your chicken to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay goat cheese in the center of each piece of chicken and sprinkle basil, thyme and black pepper evenly over each.
- Using toothpicks to secure, fold the chicken up and wrap in bacon.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Place chicken in skillet and cover for 5 minutes. Rotate and brown on all sides.
- Transfer skillet to oven (or use a new baking dish) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with basil linguini and a salad.
If you don't have a kitchen mallet to pound the chicken, I use a rolling pin and it does the job just as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 45g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate from nutritionix.com. For specific health concerns, please put the recipe into your Dr recommended nutrition calculator.