Sip on this Grilled Watermelon Margarita with Smoked Serrano Infused Tequila, a sweet smokey cocktail balancing adult flavors perfect for summer nights.
Tools for perfecting the Grilled Watermelon Margarita with Smoked Serrano Infused Tequila:
If you’ve tried my Grilled Watermelon Margarita recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Serrano Infused Tequila
- 2 serrano peppers - cleaned, stemmed and seeded
- ⅛ cup peppercorns - pink and black
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 16 oz blanco tequila
Grilled Watermelon Margaritas
- ½ small seedless watermelon - sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt - plus salt for rimming glasses if desired
- Serrano Infused Blanco Tequila
- Anejo Tequila
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Basil leaves for garnish
For the Serrano Infused Tequila
- Char the serrano peppers over medium high heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the serrano peppers into long thin strips.
- Place in an airtight resealable container and add the peppercorns and salt. Cover with tequila and allow to sit over night.
- Strain the infused tequila with a fine mesh sieve into a clean jar to store.
For the Grilled Watermelon Margaritas
- Sprinkle the salt over the watermelon on both sides and grill over medium high heat 3 to 5 minutes per side, until smokey char marks form.
- Remove from heat and arrange onto a platter. Season with additional salt if desired.
- When cooled a bit, cube up several slices of the watermelon.
- If salting the rim of your glasses, do so now. Add ice and several grilled watermelon cubes.
- Pour in 3 oz Serrano infused tequila, 1 oz Anejo tequila and top off with the watermelon lemonade.
- Garish with a piece of cubed watermelon wrapped in a basil leaf, securing with a pick. Serve.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!