Get ready to take your taste buds on a tropical vacation with this tantalizing Pineapple Margarita recipe—bringing the perfect blend of tangy sweetness and sassiness to your glass.
Margaritas are one of the best cocktail recipes because you can customize them however you want! You can make super fruity margaritas like this Blueberry Margarita or Watermelon Margarita, or keep it spicy and make an Apple Cider Margarita! The possibilities are endless! For this recipe, we're keeping things tropical and simple with this 5-ingredient Pineapple Margarita! Oh yes, we're taking the classic margarita and giving it a tropical spin that will make other drinks feel a little, well, basic.
Buckle up and prepare for a flavor explosion that will transport you straight to a beach paradise, even if you're sipping it in your own backyard on a hot summer day. So, grab your cocktail shaker and discover how to make this delicious cocktail!
What Are Pineapple Margaritas?
This pineapple margarita recipe combines the smooth, sophisticated notes of reposado tequila with the zesty kick of triple sec. Add a generous amount of fresh pineapple puree, sweet pineapple juice, and a squeeze of tangy lime juice, and you've got yourself a concoction that's as refreshing as it is irresistible.
What You Need to Make Pineapple Margarita
- Fresh Pineapple – We used frozen pineapple chunks for this recipe.
- Reposado Tequila – Use whatever kind of tequila you prefer!
- Triple Sec – Grand Marnier or any other orange liqueur works as well!
- Fresh Pineapple Juice – You can also use canned pineapple juice if that's all you have!
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice – Fresh is best for this recipe.
How to Make Pineapple Margaritas
- Make sure the pineapple puree is strained through and no large chunks remain.
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, pineapple, and splash of lime juice to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice cubes and serve with a salted rim if desired.
- If you want to serve a frozen margarita, puree the frozen pineapple with the tequila and margarita ingredients and some ice cubes for a cool sipper.
What to Serve With Pineapple Margaritas
Pineapple Margaritas go with anything fresh, so think like King Salmon and Pineapple Beef Kabobs! They're also the perfect cocktail to serve with a bunch of appetizers like this Watermelon and Avocado Salad or these Asian Lettuce Cups!
- Place any leftover margarita mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. Then, grab a handful of ice, pour, and enjoy!
- Add simple syrup for a touch of extra sweetness!
- Make a spicy pineapple margarita by adding a few jalapeño slices!
- Garnish with pineapple wedges for an extra fruity cocktail!
- Line the rim of the glass with sugar instead of salt for added sweetness!
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice for a more citrusy spin.
- Add other fruit juices like orange juice or mango juice for an even more tropical flavor!
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
Now that you've mastered the art of fresh Pineapple Margaritas, you're armed with a cocktail that's sassier than your average margarita and will make other drinks green with envy. So go forth and shake up these tropical delights to impress your friends, elevate your happy hour game, or simply indulge in a taste of paradise.
Remember, life's too short for boring drinks! Cheers to these tropical cocktails, the ultimate blend of sass and sweetness! Also, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment below to help out the next reader!
How to make a Pineapple Margarita
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- 2 oz reposado tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 2 oz fresh pineapple juice
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Peel and cube the fresh pineapple.
- Arrange the pineapple on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- Allow the pineapple to freeze until firm, at least one hour.
- In a blender, puree the frozen pineapple chunks.
- Strain the pineapple puree through a fine mesh sieve to make sure no large chunks remain.
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker and add ½ cup fresh pineapple puree.
- Add in the tequila, triple sec, pineapple juice and splash of lime juice to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass if desired.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
movita beaucoup says
I have zero clarity in my life right now. I'm doing everything and nothing at the same time, and I just discovered purple paint on the bottom of my foot, and I'm wondering if I walked that paint onto anything in our house... Maybe I should rink a margarita.