This Frozen Strawberry Margarita is a single-serve recipe perfect for a night in! It's fresh, sweet, tart, and ready in just 5 minutes!
Looking for more cocktail recipes to add to your list? Well, you're in luck because we've got the ultimate solution for you: a mind-blowingly delicious Frozen Strawberry Margarita! This easy peasy frozen strawberry margarita recipe combines simple ingredients, like real strawberries and quality tequila, to create the perfect summer cocktail that will transport you to a tropical paradise, like these Pineapple Margaritas. Or, if you’re not a strawberry fan, check out our Blueberry Margarita for even more berry bliss!
So, if you're ready to expand your margarita horizons, grab your blender, put on your shades, and get ready to sip on the best frozen strawberry margaritas you've ever tasted. Trust us, once you try this recipe, it'll become a staple in your collection of irresistible margarita creations. Cheers to beating the heat in style!
What You Need to Make a Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Strawberries - you'll need 4-5 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved.
- Ice - ice cubes are needed to give the cold drink its slushy texture.
- Tequila - a tiny airplane-sized bottle of Patron Silver Tequila is perfect.
- Triple Sec - you'll just need 2 standard shots of triple sec to give the margarita that classic citrusy flavor.
- Sugar - for a touch of sweetness.
- Lime Juice - use fresh lime juice for the best flavor.
- Salt - a pinch of salt cuts the sweetness and creates a delicious contrast to the sweeter flavors.
How to Make This Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- Blend the strawberries, ice cubes, tequila, triple sec, sugar, lime juice, and salt in a blender.
- Pour into a salt-rimmed glass, garnish with a lime wedge, and enjoy!
- For the salted rim, squeeze a little bit of lime juice into a shallow bowl and add a little bit of salt into a separate shallow bowl. Dip the rim of the glass first into the lime juice, followed by the salt, then it's good to go!
- Make more! Double or triple the recipe you want. Whatever you can comfortably fit in the blender will work.
- Use other fruit. Make this into whatever kind of fruit margarita you want. Try mango, raspberry, blueberry – you name it.
- For added sweetness, use a sugar rim instead!
- Add a teaspoon of orange extract for an extra citrusy flavor!
- Use more or less ice, depending on how thick or thin you prefer your homemade margaritas to be!
If you have any leftovers, which we highly doubt, place them in the freezer and blend them when ready to serve!
Watch: How to make a strawberry margarita video
This single-serving frozen margarita contains just 2 teaspoons of sugar. We like adding a little bit to give it a little sweetness. You can totally add more or less to taste! If you'd rather not use sugar, add a drizzle of agave syrup or leave it out entirely.
Totally! Just blend it all up ahead of time and store it in the freezer. The alcohol will prevent it from freezing fully, and it will become even more slushy-like. When you're ready to serve, simply blend it again to give it a little refresh, and enjoy!
Absolutely! Just remove the alcohol, and you've got yourself an alcohol-free fruity cocktail!
Use a food processor to blend your frozen margarita mixture instead!
Absolutely! It totally depends on your personal preference.
Of course! If you don't prefer the frozen version, skip the blender and make an on-the-rocks margarita!
Yes! Although fresh berries give this delicious frozen cocktail the perfect flavor, you can totally use frozen strawberries if that's all you have!
Although we prefer fresh limes in this recipe, you can use premade lime juice instead!
More Margarita Recipes to Try
And there you have it, the recipe for a frozen strawberry margarita that will make you wonder why you ever settled for regular old margaritas. This icy concoction combines the tangy sweetness of strawberries with the zesty kick of lime and the smoothness of tequila, creating a symphony of flavors that will transport you straight to Margaritaville. So go ahead, shake up a batch, and bask in the envy of your friends who are still sipping on boring, plain margaritas.
Cheers to the perfect blend of summer refreshment and fruity indulgence! Also, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment below to help out the next reader!
Frozen Strawberry Margaritas for One
- 4 or 5 strawberries - hulled and cut in half
- 5 to 6 ice cubes
- 50 ml tiny airplane size bottle of Patron Silver Tequila
- 2 shots of triple sec
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Blend the strawberries, ice cubes, tequila, triple sec, sugar, lime juice and salt in a blender.
- Pour into a salt rimmed glass and enjoy.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says
I love how simple this is but I'll definitely be wanting more than one 😉
I am not much of a drinker anymore so one is perfect, I love this! And if you want to bring over some carnitas for me to enjoy on the side I won't complain one bit... 🙂
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Yessss I use my bullet blender for spinach smoothies all the time, but I love going to the other side of the spectrum and using it for booze haha. Loving this single serving margarita. Could be dangerous.
Since I'm a mom now I gotta keep my drinks to a limit, so a single serving strawberry margarita sounds like the way to go!
claire @ the realistic nutritionist says
Is it bad that i ussually drink the entire margarita pitcher myself?
Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen says
Perfect way to celebrate this weekend!
Nutmeg Nanny says
I love how simple this drink is 🙂 looks delicious!