I may or may not have put another tally mark on the calendar the other day and decided to treat myself to a little something something (I may have also gone on a crazy shopping spree via ModCloth and Sephora as well.... ). A birthday always means cake and sprinkles - and well - I think I definitely wiped up an ice cream that covers all those bases and then some.I'm not sure if it's because my birthday is at the end of summer, and that whole back to school nationwide panic hits everyone with a to do list, or if it's just because I'm getting 'old' but I suddenly have a list of things I have got to accomplish. A ton of things that have to get done. Look forward to some new directions.
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup funfetti cake batter mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup cake vodka
- handful sprinkles
- 2 slices of cake - frosting included
- Whisk the eggs and cake batter together in a bowl. It will become thick and lumpy.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the milk and cream until edges just begin to bubble. Carefully whisk into the egg yolk mixture, making sure to break up any lumps. Return the mixture to the saucepan over medium heat again until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Set in a fresh bowl over an ice bath and whisk in the vodka, whisking to lower the temperature. Cover and place in fridge until completely chilled 6 – 8 hours.
- When ready to churn the ice cream, chop up the cake and have it and extra sprinkles ready to go. Churn the cream mixture according to manufactures directions. When almost set, add the cake, crumbs and all. Spoon into a resealable container, randomly tossing in sprinkles here and there. Seal and freeze over night.
- Serve with sprinkles on top. Because you can really never have enough sprinkles…
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Nope, you can never have enough sprinkles. NEVER!
Love this ice cream and Happy Birthday! Awesome way to celebrate!
Vicki @ WITK says
My to do list this week was really long too, now that you mention it! Happy bday, this is an excellent way to celebrate. And sephora is always a good way to celebrate too!
Happppppy Birthday!!!!! WOOOOT!
This ice cream looks aaaammmmaaazzzzziinnnngggg! Love sprinkles and ModCloth too haha
dixya| food, pleasure, and health says
Happy birthday. I have seen so many ice cream recipes this summer - this is by far the most creative and delicious, fun looking 🙂
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Hooray for Modcloth and Funfetti!
Belinda @zomppa says
Happy bday! Md yay for Modcloth!!! And cake!
Emily @ Life on Food says
Happy belated birthday! Mine is next week. I always treat myself during the week. Ice cream, especially cake batter, seems the perfect way to celebrate.
movita beaucoup says
Happy birthday, lady. Sprinkles? The best. They'll make everything on that list seem accomplishable.
Renee @ Tortillas and Honey says
Love that you used cake vodka! 🙂 What a fun ice cream!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You sure know how to celebrate! I loooove this ice cream!!
Zainab @ Blahnik Baker says
Happy belated birthday!! Sephora is always a great splurge :). And this ice cream is perfect for the occasion!! Cake vodka and sprinkles 🙂
This sounds divine... two of my favorites--funfetti and cake batter all rolled up to one tasty ice cream flavor!
Nami | Just One Cookbook says
I baked donuts last night and I had so much fun decorating them with funfetti with my kids. As I don't bake often, this is on of rare fun moments with my kids. I like the ice cream idea even more. We'll love the cake batter ice cream. YUM!
Nutmeg Nanny says
Your photos are too cute!! Cake batter is one of my top favorite ice cream flavors 🙂 love this!!