Say goodbye to summer drinks and hello to fall cocktail recipes! This Apple Cider Sangria is loaded with spiced apple cider, vanilla whiskey, brandy, and fresh sliced fruit!
In this article:
We're suckers for a perfect fall cocktail like an Apple Cider Margarita or Pumpkin Silk Martini. Bring on all the fall flavors! This Apple Cider Sangria is another one of those fall cocktails we're obsessing over. Embrace the cozy vibes and fall flavors with this sweet Apple Cider Sangria! Bursting with the sweet and tangy essence of apple cider, the subtle notes of wine and a medley of fresh fruits, this drink is a true crowd-pleaser that will elevate any fall gathering.
What Is an Apple Cider Sangria?
So, apple cider sangria is a twist on the traditional sangria, where we use apple cider as the star ingredient. This sweet and tangy beverage is perfect for those crisp and chilly days. We mix the cider with some crisp white wine, throw in a bunch of fresh fruit like apples and cranberries, and let it all meld together to create this delightful and refreshing drink.
What You Need to Make This Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
- Spiced Apple Cider – The kind that comes in a half-gallon or gallon jug at the grocery store. You can also use fresh apple cider if you prefer.
- White Wine – Use your favorite wine.
- Vanilla Whiskey – Use any kind you prefer.
- Brandy – Use any kind you prefer.
- Fresh Apples
- Fresh Cranberries
- Cinnamon Sticks (plus more for garnish)
How to Make an Apple Cider Sangria
Mix the Sangria
Grab a large pitcher, and pour in the spiced apple cider, white wine, vanilla whiskey, and brandy. Give it a gentle stir to blend all those tasty flavors together.
Add in the Fruit
Add in those fresh apple slices and the juicy cranberries, and don't forget to throw in some cinnamon sticks for that extra touch of warmth.
Time to Chill
Once it's all mixed up, pop the jug or pitcher in the refrigerator to chill and let those flavors mingle and develop until we're ready to serve.
Sip and Enjoy
When it's time to enjoy, grab some glasses, fill them with ice, and pour in this delightful concoction. If you want to make it extra fancy, add a cinnamon stick as a garnish – it looks great and adds a little aromatic flair!
What to Serve With Apple Cider Sangrias
Embrace the fall season by pairing your delicious sangrias with cozy dinners like Big Batch Crock Pot Chili and Butternut Squash Soup. Or, pair them with some seasonal desserts like Apple Cider Doughnuts or Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls! It's a match made in autumn heaven.
- Swap out the apple cider for hard apple cider for an even boozier experience!
- Add a splash of ginger ale or club soda for extra fizziness.
- For extra sweetness, add a dash of simple syrup or maple syrup.
- Garnish with a cinnamon sugar rim or sprinkle ground cinnamon on top for added flair.
- Use apple brandy to enhance the apple flavors in the cocktail.
We used a sweeter white wine like Pinot Grigio, but feel free to use a dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or even a red wine!
The longer, the better! We want all those seasonal fruits to meld together and add flavor to our sangria. Two hours should be enough time to make that happen!
Absolutely! Feel free to add some orange slices and even some pomegranate to mix things up!
Of course! Simply replace the white wine, brandy, and whiskey with some sparkling apple cider or lemon lime soda, and follow the rest of the recipe as written!
More Fall Cocktail Recipes to Try
Your new favorite fall cocktail awaits! Get ready to enjoy the delicious flavors of spiced apple cider, brandy, white wine, and fall fruits like apples and cranberries for the fall sangria of your dreams! Try this recipe out for your next holiday party or when you want to be wrapped up in cozy flavors. Transport yourself to a cozy oasis with seasonal spices in every sip. If you try this recipe, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment below to help out the next reader!
Autumn Harvest Sangria
- 16 oz hard cider
- 16 oz white wine
- 6 oz vanilla whiskey
- 4 oz brandy
- 1 cup spiced apple cider
- 2 to 3 apples - sliced
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- 5 cinnamon sticks - plus more for garnish
- Mix the cider, wine, vanilla, brandy, and cider in a large jug or serving pitcher. Stir gently. Add in the sliced apples, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve in glasses with over ice with additional cinnamon sticks as garnish, if desired.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!