Set out the olive tray, grab some crushed ice. It's time for a blog party. The kind where we hand you an Old Fashioned as you walk in an offer you a cocktail weenie. There's pearls and proper ties and a lingering scent of cigars. The music is low and the lights are dim. The hostess still wearing a proper apron.
Take yourself back in time and enjoy a Mad Men themed party just in time for the preview. How often do you throw a real knock out of a party any way? What a perfect excuse for a shindig where you invite all of your bests over to sit back and enjoy a little company.
Slip into something vintage, bust out the fine china and stemware, join us for our #MadMenBlogParty ! I'd love to see pics of the wonderful cocktails you join in and create too! If you join in, raise a glass and share them on my Facebook page!
Now skim below to check out all the other blogs and sweet prizes you could enter to win while celebrating with us. Cheers, Darling.
- 2 oz good whiskey
- 4 oz sour mix - or simple syrup and lemon juice
- crushed ice
- Maraschino Cherries
- In a proper old fashioned glass, pour the whiskey and sour mix over the crushed ice. Stir gently to mix.
- Garnish with a maraschino cheery for that proper vintage feel (or just because you like cherries). Sip slowly and enjoy.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
And when your friends organize an online blog party that's Mad Men themed, what do you do? You grab your trusty Nikon and partner up with the classy gals next door for a fun vintage photo shoot. Yeah, this is my life. Living the dream 😉
Special thanks to the lovely women of Gloss Salon #GlossGirl - hair make up and models, and Valle's Fine Italian Steakhouse in Delaware for the location. More images from this set will be online soon at my photography site.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Join us for a #MadMenBlogParty!
- Gin Rickey from Bakeaholic Mama
- Whiskey Sour from Pass the Sushi
- Old Fashioned from Poet in the Pantry
- Mad Men Manhattan with Mushroom Pate from Creative Culinary
- Pink French 75 from Kelly Bakes
- Sazerac Cocktail from Jelly Toast Blog
- Classic Negroni from The Messy Baker
- Gimlet from Yankee Kitchen Ninja
- Vegan French Onion Dip from The Viet Vegan
- Pimento Cheese & Crackers from The Noshery
- Chicken Salad Sliders from The Lemon Bowl
- Crab Rangoon from Cooking with Jax
- Fried Green Olives Stuffed with Blue Cheese from Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Asparagus Spirals from Comfortably Domestic
- Easy cocktail meatballs The Realistic Nutritionist
- Crab Rangoon from Cooking With Jax
- JELL-O Crown Jewel Dessert Cake from The Apron Archives
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from I am a Honeybee