Peanut Butter and chocolate have a long and varied history together. Try skipping the Reeses this time and try some Peanut Butter Donuts dipped in soft creamy chocolate. Yeah, that.
Real life happens. And that means that sometimes the dogs are playing happily in the living room while you clean up and you can hear them and everything is peachy keen. Until you discover they happened to eat all the doughnuts you were baking for the last post of the week – and the final post of the epic doughnut week. And you have to start all over again. And sometimes that sucks. Now, enough of my boring blogger problems – let’s get to the doughnuts!
There have been some amazingly smexy doughnuts up for show this week. Please take a look at all the goodies the ladies made today:
Grapefruit Cake Doughnuts via Bakeaholic Mama
Strawberry Glazed Valentine Donuts From Baked By Rachel
Chocolate Chocolate Donut by Table for Two
Blood orange cream cheese filled chocolate glazed donuts via Running to the Kitchen
Salty Peanut + Honey Doughnuts from Healthy Delicious
Doughnut Monte Cristo Sliders by Jelly Toast
Maple Doughnut Breakfast Sandwich via Nutmeg Nanny
Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze & Cherry Kool Aid Powder from Climbing Grier Mountain
Raspberry Beignets Wanna be a Country Cleaver
Donutmisu via Farm Girl Gourmet
Don’t forget to enter to win the awesome deep fryer – giveaway below recipe!
If you’ve tried my Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Donuts recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
For the Donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Glaze
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
For the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini donut pan (or regular donut pan if you don’t have a mini one).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the peanut butter and sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg.
- Alternating, add the flour and milk until completely incorporated. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Lastly add the vegetable oil and mix 30 seconds longer.
- Fill a ziplock bag, or piping bag with the peanut butter batter. Pipe into prepared donut pan filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until bottoms are golden. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool before topping with glaze.
For the Glaze
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chocolate, cream and corn syrup. Stir gently until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Quickly whisk in the confectioners’ sugar and dip the donuts into the chocolate. If needed, spread the glaze over the donuts with a spatula.
Still jonesing for some doughnuts… here are a few other’s that have been featured on PtS in the past.