Good dips don’t have to be full of meat and cheese (even if I prefer them that way) Take this Lemon Artichoke Dip, this fun simple dip gets nibbled on all day long.
When I think of game day food, it’s all heavy big carnivorous sort of bites. From sticky wings to cheesy dips, it all screams meaty man food. Deli counter dried up veggie sticks were just the transportation device for more or used in lieu of a proper knife to slather more sauce on the next impeding bite. And if your house is anything like ours on the big day, it’s like every man and crock pot for himself. Too much food for all the people, and an over indulgence to put the Thanksgiving day feast to shame!
That was until I realized that if you put it out there, it will get eaten. So, I mixed in a few vegetarian friendly dishes that didn’t seem as heavy as my normal sausage queso dip and smiled when I watched them vanish. Sure the wings go first, but this fun simple dip gets nibbled on all day long.
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Lemon Artichoke Dip recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Get your dip on and try these gooey concoctions.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese for cooking
- 1 tsp lemon zest, plus 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Season the mushrooms, red pepper, shallot, and garlic with salt and cook in the skillet until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese lemon zest, juice, mustard, artichokes and cooked veggie mix in a slow cooker.
- Top with 4 oz Swiss cheese.
- Let cook, covered for 2 1/2 to 3 hours on low (stirring every now and again) until combined until gooey and awesome.
- Serve with sliced baguette, cracker, or veggies for dipping.
BHG Special Interest Magazine Slow Cooker