With fresh lemon flavor, a touch of sweetness, and smooth vodka, this Lemon Drop Cocktail is the perfect drink for any occasion. Every hour is happy hour with this refreshing cocktail!
f you love lemon drop candy or lemon flavors, you'll love this Lemon Drop Cocktail recipe! This sweet and sour drink is the perfect way to bring life into your basic cocktail recipes. Jazzing up a classic martini is one of our love languages. From this Pear Martini to this Blueberry Cheesecake Martini, there are endless ways to enjoy this favorite cocktail. But we totally understand if you're not a Vodka fan. Try this Lemon Cake Cocktail made with Limoncello and Rumchata instead! Now, let's get into the recipe.
What Is a Lemon Drop Cocktail?
A Lemon Drop Cocktail is the perfect balance of tangy and sweet. Similar to a lemon drop shot or lemon martini, this citrusy cocktail combines simple ingredients like simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and vodka to create a tart cocktail reminiscent of lemon candy.
What You Need to Make a Lemon Drop Cocktail
For the Simple Syrup:
- Sugar in the Raw
- Fresh Mint
For the Cocktail:
- Fresh Lemon Juice – Fresh is best, but you can use bottled lemon juice if that's all you have!
- Vodka – Use any brand you like!
How to Make a Lemon Drop Cocktail
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium-low until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. When the sugar is dissolved, and the liquid is clear, remove from heat and add the mint. Allow the mint to steep for 10 to 20 minutes. Strain into a jar and store until ready to use.
- For the cocktail, add ice to a cocktail shaker. Squeeze in lemon juice, a splash of simple syrup, and a shot of vodka, and shake. Then, strain it into a cocktail glass with ice. Garnish with additional mint and lemon slices if desired.
What to Serve With a Lemon Drop Cocktail
The fresh, zesty flavor of this Lemon Drop Cocktail pairs perfectly with seafood dishes. Some great options are Shrimp Scampi or Baked Salmon. Or, if you're hosting a dinner party and want to make a huge spread of appetizers to pair with your cocktails, these Salmon Sliders and this Lemon Artichoke Dip should do the trick!
- Add a splash of ginger beer or club soda for extra fizziness!
- Garnish with a lemon slice instead of mint for extra lemon flavor.
- Line the rim of the glass with sugar for added sweetness.
- Add a splash of triple sec or orange liqueur for a more citrusy flavor!
- Swap regular vodka for Pinnacle Whipped Vodka for a creamy indulgence.
Absolutely! Drink some lemonade.... or replace the vodka with club soda.
Yes! Just add some ice with the rest of your ingredients into a blender.
There are many types of vodka to consider when making this recipe, but it all depends on how much you want to spend and the quality you're willing to splurge on. Let us break it down for you:
On the cheaper end, we have brands like Smirnoff, New Amsterdam, Pinnacle, and Seagram's Vodka.
If you want a little higher quality but don't want to empty your wallet, you'll love Absolut, Tito's Handmade, Finlandia, and Skyy Vodka.
If you're feeling fancy and want the best of the best vodka for your Lemon Drop Cocktail, you might want to try Crystal Head, Grey Goose, and Chopin Potato Vodka.
Absolutely! If you don't feel like going through the hassle of making your own simple syrup, then store-bought is the way to go. Just make sure to choose a simple syrup with the same or similar ingredients that isn't stuffed with a ton of artificial flavorings or other junk. Also, since our homemade syrup contains mint, you can either add a few mint sprigs as a garnish or omit it completely.
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
No need to wait for happy hour when you can craft this delicious, refreshing cocktail whenever you want! With tangy lemon flavor, simple syrup, and your favorite vodka, this Lemon Drop Cocktail is the perfect way to wind down after a hectic day. Relish in the perfect blend of sweet and sour, and allow it to take you back to the days when you'd pop lemon drops in your mouth by the handful. Also, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment below to help out the next reader!
Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar in the raw
- 1 cup water
- handful fresh mint
For the Cocktail
- 24 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 oz Vodka
Make the Simple Syrup
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium low until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear, remove from heat and add the mint. Allow the mint to step for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Strain into a jar and store until ready to use.
Make the Lemon Drop Cocktail
- For the cocktail, add ice to a shaker.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, a splash of simple syrup and a shot of vodka and shake.
- Strain into a glass with ice.
- Garnish with additional mint and lemon slices if desired.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!