These are the fudgy brownies you have been craving. With just a hint of smooth almond Amaretto poking through, these are simply perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
As the days grow longer, I am still daydreaming of far off places. It seems I have a serious case of wanderlust. That, or I just really like being outside. Warmer weather means the shift in work / play balance as my bike and running shoes are a huge distraction to the office space.
It seems a good run or a long bike ride can cure the brain of things. It's a mental palate cleanser. I start, my heart pounding with the surge of activity, thinking of return emails and the eternal to-dos. Then my brain takes over. Shutting off the unnecessary parts that are churning out the ever present self-inflicted to do's and putting me in auto-pilot. Another hill came and went and the world is fresh. The views are wonderful and all that there is to think about is the next ascent.
It makes the work day so much better. I mean, when your legs are fall out from under you dead, it certainly makes sitting on your tush to get some of those to-do's done. And that's exactly what sparked this post. Truth, the recipe and images were ready this morning, but I just stared at the screen. All that I had was, 'yay, brownies'. And, yes, yay - brownies! Because I earned them!
Try these other delicious brownie recipes:
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
- Smoked Sea Salt and Almond Brownies
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Skillet Brownies
If you’ve tried this Fudgy Amaretto Brownies recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Fudgy Amaretto Brownies
- 16 tbs sticks unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs amaretto
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper as well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Whisk gently until smooth. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale yellow and smooth. Add the amaretto and mix in. Carefully add the chocolate, whisking the entire time.
- Add the flour to the chocolate mix and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until brownies are done.
- Allow to cool in pan before removing and slicing into servings.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!