Looking for a way to spruce up those brownies? Add cream cheese - it's always a hit! And then, swirl in a little raspberry jam for an extra kick. Caution, these are rich - so cut into small portions and enjoy!
We've heard of peanut butter in brownies, chocolate chips, brookies, and more! But have you ever heard of a cream cheese raspberry swirl? Let me introduce you to something unexpectedly delicious!
Decadent rich brownies loaded with chocolate in every bite. And then a hint of a raspberry cream cheese layer. It's an incredibly tasty combination.
The gooey brownies hide the layer of cream cheese swirled in by layering the batter. The sweet tart bite of the raspberry in the cream cheese filling is a welcomed surprise! Who knew brownies with raspberries were a thing?!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
For the Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ teas vanilla
For the Brownies
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teas baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- 8 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate - chopped up
- ½ cup raspberry jam - divided
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teas vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking sheet with foil and grease.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom. Mix 30 seconds longer. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate until smooth. Add ¼ cup of the raspberry jam and stir until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mix and stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining jam in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat until just warm. When you stir it, it should slide off of the spoon.
- Spread half of the brownie batter in the pan. Top the cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly from edge to edge.
- Drop the raspberry jam in dollops over the cream cheese and swirl with a butter knife.
- Top with the remaining brownie batter and spread over the top to cover.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!