Chai pumpkin spice thumbprints are tiny cookies with great big taste! Flavors of pumpkin and chai pair with soft, chewy cookies to make the perfect fall treat!
Oh boy, have I been holding out on you. Pause, now re-read that last sentence with a liiittle more enthusiasm. Because I’m not lying and the moment I saw these Pumpkin Spice Kisses, (currently labeled Fall Harvest Kisses for those shopping for them) I just had to have them. (Then I got them home and had to figure out what to make with them).
After a little debate, my answer was to plop those suckers down into the middle of a chai flavored thumbprint cookie. Inspired by delicious chai cupcakes, and some of the ingredients from that recent chai pie recipe. Sure we all love a steaming hot latte this time of year, but let’s be honest. We love chai and pumpkin in pretty much everything from August until January anyway, so a new cookie recipe isn’t thaaaaat unnessecary. Plus, these are easy, fun and a breeze to transport to the office cookie exhange. Little bites of chai pumpkin spice latte on the go. I say win win.
This has been year after year one of my most pinned recipes from this site with hundreds of people trying this recipe! Just in case you are looking for some more holiday or cookie or maybe even something savory for the season, be sure to check out the recipe archives and subscribe for more deliciousness right to your inbox!
I knew these chai pumpkin spice thumbprints would come together nicely.
Forget the classic pumpkin pie at your Thanksgiving feast this year and throw chai pumpkin spice thumbprints on the table instead.
And come together nicely they did.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chai concentrate , see link in notes for the kind I used
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp teas baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chai spice mix<–click here for a link to the chai spice mix recipe
- 22-24 Pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses, found at Target in the early fall
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer and cream at medium speed until fluffy, or with a hand mixer, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg, chai concentrate, and the vanilla, mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as necessary.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 22 to 24 1 inch round balls.
- Place the dough balls on parchment paper lined baking sheets and sprinkle chai spice mix lightly over cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, unwrap kisses.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place pumpkin kisses in the center of each cookie.
- Don’t touch or the kisses will turn into puddles! Cool completely.