15 Minute Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats – the perfect fall twist to a classic kid-friendly snack!
It is fall. Even those of us who aren’t going to give in to latte’s in August, love a little pumpkin spice this time of year. Year after year I whine about how I am not ready to cave in. Then, on the first day below 75 and I am in boots and beanies begging for chai and PSL. Sure enough, it’s cold and rainy. So guess what – pumpkin time a plenty all up in my house (along with chai and pretty much everything else cozy I can get my hands on right now. I need all the cozy.)
Pumpkin Spice Everything at the market
Hunting out seasonal Oreo’s for my blogging bestie, Peabody, had me staring down a wall of pumpkin themed novelties at my local market. So many things that shouldn’t be pumpkin flavored. I had krispie treats on the brain with a few other projects in the works. Something about these pumpkin flavored marshmallows told me it had to be done. After quietly listening in on some kids talking about which candies were the best, and stocking up for the trick-or-treaters on Halloween, I scurried home
and promptly got sucked into 3 hours of Pinterest looking at my latest obsession airstreams and got to work.
These Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats are everything the big kid in me wanted for a snack and they took under 15 minutes, including the caramel drizzle. That simple. If you have extra time, my Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprints and Pumpkin Latte Coffeecake recipes are must tries for the season too! I mean, now that we’ve gone all in, might as well enjoy it, right? And you will enjoy these. Get your taste buds ready.
If you’ve tried this Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 8 oz bag Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows, check seasonal areas
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 8 soft caramels
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax paper or foil.
- Pour the rice cereal into a large bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the marshmallow and butter, stirring until smooth. When almost completely smooth, work the 2 tablespoons pudding mix into the melted marshmallows. Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and quickly stir to coat.
- Spray the back of a spoon with non-stick cooking spray and press the marshmallow coated cereal evenly into the prepared pan.
- Melt the candies in a microwave safe bowl, working in short batches, until creamy. Drizzle over the krispie treats.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 49gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
If you haven’t filled your craving for Krispy treats yet, try these out.