These butter burgers are packed with roasted garlic and melted butter and topped with crispy bacon and smoked gouda cheese. It’s ok to drool a little…
Right about 6:45 the sun is setting over a green field prepped and ready for seeding, illuminating the world with it’s golden rays. At about 7:20 those same golden bursts of light make their way through the single-track mountain bike trail painting the world in a calm hue that you can’t help but notice. And at 8:45, when we are home and the dinner routine starts, we will stand out back and take a moment with the dogs to look up at the moon in a perfectly crisp spring sky. It’s in these simple moments that I realize that I have it all. We may not have everything, but we have everything we need. It’s hard not to savor these moments.
Our weekend was filled with a crazy fun day at the shop, celebrating Free Comic Book Day 2014, which went long into the wee hours of the morning. Followed by a mountain bike race that we marshaled. No complaining here. I’ll spend a few hours alone with my camera any day. Finally some gardening and then dinner. Nothing makes my taste buds as excited as a simple burger right off the charcoal grill with fresh toppings and a soft bun. It’s classic easy food that makes your mouth water. There is nothing that tops simple fresh and clean. These butter burgers are packed with roasted garlic and melted butter and topped with crispy bacon and smoked gouda cheese. It’s ok to drool a little… Finally, it’s time to unwind, sit back and savor the weekends memories.
Vlasic is launching a new program focusing on savoring the simplicity to highlight their Farmer’s Garden products. I am all about simplicity these days, especially when it comes to my food.
Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickles are artisanal-quality, premium pickles, made with honest ingredients and no artificial flavors. Farmer’s Garden pickles are made with the finest, specially selected ingredients -U.S. – grown cucumbers, whole garlic cloves, slices of red bell pepper, rounds of carrots and fresh herbs and spices – harvested at the peak of freshness. Each Farmer’s Garden cucumber is hand-packed in a traditional mason jar and pickled using home-style canning techniques.
Seventy years ago, pickling pioneer Joseph Vlasic used fresh, locally grown cucumbers, herbs and spices to create unique pickle recipes that have been shared for generations. Today, we’re savoring that same simple concept with our Farmer’s Garden pickles, in celebration of authentic, flavorful foods.
For more on the Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickles, follow the conversation on their Facebook and Twitter page and search for the hashtag #FarmToJar
If you’ve tried my Roasted Garlic Butter Burgers recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
I am all about the burgers here at Pass The Sushi. These are some of my favorites!
The Conquistador Turkey Burger #burgermonth
Bobby Flay’s Crunchburger
And don’t forget to check out BURGER MONTH where I invite food bloggers from around the world to share their creations. These are EPIC!
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 soft potato buns
- lettuce, tomato, onions, and crisp Farmer's Garden pickles by Vlasic for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay an oven safe wire rack on top.
- Arrange the bacon over the wire rack. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil. Place both the bacon and garlic in the oven. Cook the bacon for about 30 minutes, until done.
- Remove from oven, reserving 1 tbs bacon fat. Leave the garlic in the oven for 15 minutes longer. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, start a fire at your charcoal grill using desired method.
- When garlic can be handled, squeeze cloves into a bowl. Mix in reserved bacon fat and mash into a paste.
- Add the ground beef, butter, parsley, rosemary, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix to combine well.
- Divide the beef mixture into 4 equal patties, pressing an indent into the center of each.
- When the grill is hot enough that you can only hold your hands over it for a few seconds, add the patties to the clean grill grate. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Toast the buns and melt the cheese on top, if desired.
- Top with bacon, lettuce, slice of tomato, onion slices, and a fresh Farmer's Garden pickle. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 881Saturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g