These butter burgers are packed with roasted garlic and melted butter and topped with crispy bacon and smoked gouda cheese. It’s ok to drool a little…
Nothing makes my taste buds as excited as a simple burger right off the charcoal grill with fresh toppings and a soft bun. It’s classic easy food that makes your mouth water.
And with this one, we use a beef and bacon combo with roasted garlic to infuse some serious flavor all the way through.
These butter burgers are packed with roasted garlic and melted butter and topped with crispy bacon and smoked gouda cheese. It’s ok to drool a little.
What you need
To make these, we start by oven roasting garlic. Roasting the garlic softens each bulb and pulls out even more flavors. But, its also one of the easiest ways to really double down on garlic flavor. All you need to do is wrap it in foil and pop it in the oven. Yes, roast the whole bulb – right in foil.
From there we add cooked bacon, beef, and butter to make patties and grill them. This is a few more steps then just a regular smash burger, but the buttery garlic layers are so incredibly delicious in each bite, it’s worth it.
What to do with roasted garlic
You can use roasted garlic in a variety of things too. Make compound butter, mince and store in an airtight container to stir into sauces or slather over crispy garlic bread. Level up your chimichurri (aka, herbacious green sauce that can go on pretty much any meat). Add a dash to comforting pasta dishes or layer on the outside of roasts for serious flavor before searing.
Finally, it’s time to unwind, sit back and savor the weekends memories.
I am all about the burgers here at Pass The Sushi. These are some of my favorites!
The Conquistador Turkey Burger #burgermonth
Bobby Flay’s Crunchburger
And don’t forget to check out BURGER MONTH where I invite food bloggers from around the world to share their creations. These are EPIC!
If you’ve tried my Roasted Garlic Butter Burgers recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Roasted Garlic Butter Burgers
For the Burgers
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp butter - melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley - minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary - finely minced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 soft potato buns
- lettuce - tomato, onions, and crisp pickles for topping
Roast the Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay an oven-safe wire rack on top.
- Arrange the bacon over the wire rack.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil. Place both the bacon and garlic in the oven.
- Cook the bacon for about 30 minutes, until done and crispy.
- Remove from oven, reserving 1 tbs bacon fat.
- Leave the garlic in the oven for 15 minutes longer to completely soften.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Preheat the grill
- Meanwhile, start a fire at your charcoal grill using your desired method.
Form the patties
- When garlic can be handled, squeeze cloves into a bowl. Mix in reserved bacon fat and mash into a paste.
- In the same bowl, add the ground beef, butter, parsley, rosemary, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix to combine well.
- Divide the beef mixture into 4 equal patties, pressing an indent into the center of each.
Grill the Burgers
- When the grill is hot enough that you can only hold your hands over it for a few seconds, add the patties to the clean grill grate.
- Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer, until they read 160 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Toast the buns and melt the cheese on top of the patties, if desired.
Assemble and Serve
- Arrange the grilled patties over the toasted buns and top with bacon, lettuce, a slice of tomato, onion slices, and a fresh pickle.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!