Get the classic eggnog flavor without the dairy! This Dairy-Free Eggnog is the perfect way to jazz up your holiday cocktail recipes and take your holiday traditions to the next level!
When the holidays roll around, there’s nothing quite like a decadent cocktail to sip on, like this Dirty Chai Cocktail or Baileys Pumpkin Vanilla Silk Martini. For this recipe, we’re bringing you one of the most infamous holiday cocktails – eggnog. But, this time, we’re making it with a twist: no dairy. But never fear! This Dairy-Free Eggnog is just as, if not more delicious, than its dairy-filled counterparts.
What Is Dairy-Free Eggnog?
Originally a toast to prosperity and health, this Dairy-Free Eggnog was a staple in British medieval times. It wasn’t until this drink came to America that it became a holiday tradition. Now, eggnog is synonymous with Christmas time, and rightly so. Its sweet and spicy notes taste like Christmas in a glass.
This Dairy-Free Eggnog recipe is a festive drink made with plant-based milk instead of traditional dairy milk. Regular eggnog usually consists of heavy cream, egg yolks, milk, rum, and bourbon. However, this Dairy-Free Eggnog is made with Califia Farms Holiday Nog, Frangelico, Spiced Rum, and Kahlua! But you don’t have to use the Califia Farms bread to make this delicious eggnog. You can use any other dairy-free milk you like and add cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg for a similar taste.
Why you’ll love this recipe
With its creamy texture and nutty undertones, this holiday drink is a lighter version of traditional eggnog, perfect for enjoying during the holiday season without weighing yourself down! Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in under 5 minutes!
- Califia Farms Holiday Nog – the base for this Dairy-Free Eggnog.
- Frangelico – a hazelnut liqueur that adds a rich, nutty flavor to the drink.
- Kahlua – coffee liqueur that adds a subtle sweetness to the eggnog.
- Spiced Rum – adds spicy, warm notes to the drink, perfect for the holidays.
- Whipped cream
- Ground Cinnamon – for garnish.
How to Make Traditional Eggnog Without Dairy
Place the ice in a cocktail shaker. Then, pour the Holiday Nog, Frangelico, Kahlua, and spiced rum over the ice. Cover and shake until cool.
Next, pour evenly into cocktail glasses. Finally, spoon a dollop of whipped cream over each glass and sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish.
What to Serve With This Homemade Eggnog Recipe
While you can sip on this eggnog by itself, it’s also a wonderful drink to pair with other holiday recipes like Thanksgiving Dressing, Homestyle Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans, Gingersnap Spiced Mini Pumpkin Pies!
Leftovers and Storage
Store any leftover eggnog in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to drink it again, simply pour it into a chilled glass or mug and enjoy!
Expert Recipe Tips
- Swap out the ground cinnamon garnish for a cinnamon stick instead!
- For more sweetness, add a splash of maple syrup.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, feel free to use a mason jar or blender to mix everything together.
- Feel free to add your favorite warm spices, such as nutmeg and cinnamon, if you don’t use Califia Farms.
Yes! Just multiply the ingredients by the number of people you plan on serving.
Absolutely! Feel free to use almond milk, macadamia nut milk, or cashew milk. Or, if you want a nut-free alternative, try oat milk, lactose-free milk, full-fat coconut milk, or soy milk!
Yes! If you’re using dairy-free milk, you can heat it up in a medium saucepan over medium heat until warm. Then, mix the remaining ingredients together.
Delicious Eggnog Recipes
This creamy eggnog will soon become one of your favorite holiday treats! This is a great recipe, whether you can’t have dairy or want to try a lighter version of this holiday cocktail! If you try this recipe, please rate the recipe card and let us know if you liked it!
Dairy Free Spiked Nog
- 6 oz Califia Farms Holdiay Nog
- 2 oz Frangelico
- 2 oz Kaluha
- 2 oz Spiced Rum
- Whipped cream
- Ground Cinnamon for Garnish
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the Holiday Nog, Frangelico, Kalhua, and spiced rum over the ice. Cover and shake until cool.
- Pour into evenly into cocktail glasses.
- Spoon a dollop of whipped cream over each glass and sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!