This Chai Cocktail recipe is filled with warm spices guaranteed to warm you up on a cold day! Vanilla chai tea, white rum, and cold brew come together to create the perfect spiked caffeine buzz to keep you going all night long.
When the holiday season rolls around, that's when the cozy cocktail recipes come out to play! Like this Coffee Cocktail and Hot Buttered Rum, this Chai Cocktail is a classic cocktail that will take your basic chai tea latte to the next level. Perfect for holiday parties or enjoying good company, this delicious recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the autumn and winter seasons.
What Is a Chai Cocktail?
If you think chai originated from Starbucks, then you're sorely mistaken. Chai is much older than you think. Hailing from India from over 5,000 years ago, chai or masala chai is a mixture of warm spices steeped in hot water. Chai was originally created for medicinal purposes but has since evolved into the beloved drink we all know and love. Most coffee shops even sell a chai tea latte, a blend of chai spices steeped in warm water and mixed with hot milk. That's basically what we're doing with this cocktail, but with an adult twist – white rum. The bend of vanilla chai spice tea, white rum, chai concentrate, coconut almond milk, and dirty chai cold brew is the perfect blend of aromatic spice to keep you warm on a chilly evening.
Why you'll love this recipe
If you love warm spices, then you'll love this cocktail. It's the perfect drink for a chilly winter evening when you want to curl up in a blanket and watch movies. It's like the adult version of a chai tea latte from your favorite coffee shop. And you only need a few ingredients to make it!
- Vanilla Chai Spice tea
- White Rum
- Chai Concentrate
- Toasted coconut almond milk
- Dirty Chai Cold Brew – No milk added, just the strong stuff.
- Cinnamon for garnish
How to Make This Delicious Cocktail
In a small cocktail shaker, combine the chai spice tea and rum and stir to combine.
Carefully add the ice.
Then, mix in the chai concentrate, almond milk (or whatever milk you like), and chai cold brew.
Top the shaker and vigorously mix to combine it all, and then strain into a cup over a cube of craft ice.
Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon for more spice.
Expert Recipe Tips
- If you prefer a more sweet cocktail, throw in some simple syrup or brown sugar.
- If you have homemade chai syrup and prefer to use that instead of chai concentrate, go ahead!
- You can swap out the white rum for dark rum if you prefer the taste.
- Use a shot of espresso instead of the cold brew, or add it to the cold brew for a bold twist!
- Swap out the ground cinnamon for a cinnamon stick!
- Swap the cold brew and white rum for Kahlua!
- Use coconut milk instead of the toasted coconut almond milk.
Absolutely! Just replace the white rum with apple cider!
Yes! Just multiply the ingredients by the number of guests you have!
More Cozy Cocktail Recipes
Embrace the cold with this warm Chai Cocktail! If you try this recipe, please rate the recipe card and let us know if you liked it!
- ½ teas Vanilla Chai Spice
- 4 oz White Rum
- 1 teas Chai Concentrate
- 2 oz toasted coconut almond milk
- 4 oz Dirty Chai Cold Brew No milk added - just the strong stuff
- Cinnamon - for garnish
- Combine the Vanilla Chai Spice and white rum in a small shaker.
- Stir to dissolve spices.
- Add ice, chai concentrate, almond milk, and cold brew.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a cocktail glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or anise pods.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!