This vibrant and tangy twist on the classic margarita is the perfect addition to your collection of cocktail recipes, delivering a delightful blend of tart cranberry, zesty lime, and tequila bliss.
Brace yourselves for a tangy and tantalizing twist on the classic cocktail—the Cranberry Margarita. This delicious drink combines the zesty kick of lime, the vibrant burst of cranberry, and the smooth sophistication of tequila. Prepare to sip on this cranberry-infused elixir that will make your taste buds tingle. It’s time to shake things up, leave those boring drinks behind, and embrace the perfect blend of tartness, sweetness, and a subtle hint of sass. So, grab your shaker, dust off your salt-rimmed glasses, and prepare to indulge in these delicious cranberry margaritas!
What Is a Cranberry Margarita?
This easy Cranberry Margarita recipe is a fun twist on a regular margarita. Made with tequila anejo, agavero tequila, lemonade, tart cranberry juice, and agave, this cranberry cocktail is the perfect balance of sweet and tart! If you love fresh fruit in your margaritas, you’ll love this Blueberry Margarita and Pineapple Margarita! If you like a little smokiness in your cocktails, this Watermelon Margarita will become your new best friend!
What You Need to Make a Cranberry Margarita
- Tequila Añejo
- Agavero Tequila Liqueur
- Cranberry Juice or Fresh Cranberries – If using fresh cranberries, muddle them first!
- Coarse Salt – For rimming the cocktail glass.
- Lime – Sliced into wedges for garnish.
How to Make a Cranberry Margarita
- Salt the rim of your serving glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle cranberries. Add ice, Anejo tequila, agavero tequila liqueur, lemonade, and agave. Shake to combine.
- Strain over crushed ice cubes in your prepared serving glass, adding a few extra fresh berries to the bottom for color if you like.
- Garnish with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass, and enjoy!
What to Serve With a Cranberry Margarita
These tart cranberry margaritas pair perfectly with Mexican dishes like this Colorado Red Chile Enchiladas Sauce! If you’re planning on making a big batch to share with friends, whip up some appetizers like these Pimento Cheese Sirloin Sliders! If you’re more of a seafood person, these Grilled Swordfish Steaks will pair beautifully with a cranberry margarita!
- Place any leftover margarita mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. Then, grab a handful of ice, pour, and enjoy!
- Adjust the sweetness by adding more or less agave or simple syrup.
- Add a splash of orange liqueur like Grand Marnier, sprinkle some orange zest, or add a splash of orange juice for extra citrusy goodness!
- Instead of a salted rim, add sugar to the rim for extra sweetness with every sip!
- To add some savory notes to this easy cocktail, add a sprig of fresh rosemary for garnish!
- For extra tartness, top your cocktail with a splash of fresh lime juice or lemon juice!
- Add a splash of cranberry juice on top for extra cranberry flavor.
Yes, you can! For a non-alcoholic cranberry margarita, simply omit the tequila and triple sec. Instead, replace them with a combination of cranberry juice, lime juice, and a splash of sparkling water or ginger ale for a refreshing mocktail version.
Absolutely! Frozen cranberries work just as well in your cranberry margarita. They can add a lovely chilled element to the drink while imparting their tangy flavor.
We used Agavero, a Reposado and Añejo tequila blend, and añejo tequila for a more complex and aged flavor profile, but you can use silver tequila or white tequila for a more clean and crisp flavor to compliment the tartness of the cranberry.
Absolutely! To make a pitcher of margaritas, simply multiply the ingredient quantities accordingly and mix them in a pitcher. Just remember to adjust the ratios to achieve the desired balance of flavors.
While it’s best to enjoy the cranberry margarita freshly made, you can prepare the base mixture in advance and refrigerate it. Then, when ready to serve, simply shake or stir the mixture with ice, strain into glasses, and garnish with fresh cranberries and lime wedges for a festive touch.
Use a mason jar or sealed container instead!
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
And voila! With your very own cranberry margaritas recipe, you can create cranberry magic in a glass. Next time you’re craving a drink that’s a little tart, a little sassy, and a whole lot of delicious, remember this easy recipe. Whether you’re hosting a summer get-together, enjoying a cozy night in, or simply needing a zesty pick-me-up, this cranberry juice cocktail will surely deliver a burst of flavor.
Raise your glass, sip with sass, and let the tangy sweetness transport you to a world of pure cranberry bliss. Also, please rate the recipe card and leave a comment below to help out the next reader!
For the cranberry margarita
- 2 oz Tequila Añejo
- 2 oz Agavero Tequila Liqueur
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- 4 – 6 oz Lemonade
- 1 tsp Agave
- Coarse salt for rimming glass
- Lime - sliced into wedges for garnish
- Salt the rim of your serving glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle cranberries.
- Add ice, Anejo tequila, agavero tequila liqueur, cranberry juice, lemonade, and agave.
- Shake to combine.
- Strain over crushed ice in your prepared serving glass.
- Add a lime to the rim of the glass and enjoy.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!