Two perfect dishes, one insanely delicious mash-up. Pizza casserole, better known as Bubble Up Pizza, is so easy to make that even kids can do it—and it uses just a few common ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. Get ready for the perfect weeknight meal and easy dinner recipe that satisfies the whole family.
This easy bubble up pizza is made with biscuit dough, making prep time a breeze and a final product that's golden brown and light as air. Five simple ingredients, a sprinkle of love (and okay, maybe a little extra parmesan cheese), are all you need for this delicious dinner. Be prepared to make a few! These fluffy, bubbly pieces of pizza are so light, you'll want a whole pie to yourself.
Easily customizable and a prep time that's basically nonexistent, who knew a can of biscuits and your favorite toppings could turn into such a successful pizza night?
What You Need to Make This Bubble Pizza Recipe
Classic pizza ingredients served up in a casserole dish? Count us in. Here's all you need for the ultimate pizza bake.
- Biscuit Dough - 2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough that contain 8 biscuits each.
- Pizza Sauce - Use your favorite or try this delicious slow cooker marinara sauce.
- Cheese - Mozzarella is the classic choice, but feel free to use whatever cheese your heart desires.
- Pepperoni Slices- Pepperoni is a fan favorite for a reason
- Basil - Fresh basil adds lovely flavor and decoration to your pizza.
How to Make Bubble Up Pizza
Five steps, five ingredients, and just about five minutes of prep time—that's all you need to watch this easy dinner recipe turn into a huge hit at the dinner table.
- Preheat your oven following the directions on your biscuit package.
- Divide each piece of biscuit dough into small pieces using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, mix together dough, pizza sauce, cheese, and all your toppings.
- Transfer the mixture into an oven-safe skillet or baking pan, sprinkle with chopped basil, and bake according to the directions on the dough.
- Let cool and serve!
Pro Tip: Stock up on the biscuit dough when you see it on sale! This makes tasty bubble pizza both an easy and frugal recipe—without anyone knowing the wiser.
What to Serve With Bubble Up Pizza
Get creative on pizza night! This is a fun way to get everyone involved and make sure that each pizza appeals to your family's taste. Try different toppings like green peppers, olives, red pepper flakes, or these sausage balls. Grab some celery sticks and carrot sticks to dip into this tangy Southwest ranch alongside buttermilk brined chicken wings.
Expert Recipe Tips
This bubble up pizza recipe requires refrigerated biscuits. Feel free to use your favorite grocery store brand, but keep in mind that the smaller biscuits are better! If they're too large, they can overload your baking dish.
Lightly greasing the skillet or baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil prevents the dough from sticking.
Follow the instructions on the biscuit dough package! Timing may vary depending on the brand and personal preference. Try baking for an extra five minutes for a crispier crust.
Leftovers and Reheating
This recipe is so quick and easy, it's best to make it then and there. If you do have leftovers, store them in airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap. You can heat leftovers in the microwave in 30 second bursts or in a preheated oven.
More Delicious Recipes to Try
Hot and fresh out of the oven, there's no shortage of delicious ways to whip up a pizza. Find your perfect pizza with some of these recipes.
Fire up the oven and preheat your skillet; pizza night has arrived! If you've tried this bubble-up pizza recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below to help out the next reader.
Bubble Up Pizza (Biscuit Dough Pizza)
- 2 containers refrigerated biscuit dough 8 biscuits each - I used Pillsbury
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup pepperoni or other favorite toppings
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven as per directions on dough.
- With a sharp knife, divide each biscuit into 4.
- In a large bowl, combine diced biscuit dough, sauce, 1 ½ cups cheese and toppings. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased oven safe skillet or 9×13 baking pan.
- Chop the basil and sprinkle on top along with remaining cheese.
- Bake according to directions on dough, checking to make sure dough is cooked through and cheese is bubbling (I always bake mine for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Bubble up pizza is a quick and easy baked dish made with biscuit pieces tossed with all of your favorite pizza ingredients, then baked until golden and puffy. Think of it as a cousin to pull apart monkey bread.
Not quite! Biscuit dough is lighter, flakier, and more buttery than classic pizza dough. While different, biscuit dough is just as delicious with all of the classic pizza toppings!
Looking for a more classic pizza recipe? Check out my Homemade Pizza Dough or my Thin-Crust Skillet Pizza for Two.
Yes! Use your favorite veggie and vegan toppings, and just double check your refrigerated biscuits match your dietary restrictions. This easy pizza recipe really is that easy!