It's morning, you actually got a workout in, and you just need a refuel before heading out the door. This Spinach Smoothie will get you there. No frills, just fuel.
It's that time of year.... I'm starting to itch for spring. Mother Nature's cruel sense of humor gently pushed cabin fever over the edge with a few nice days before dipping back down in the 20s. But those few days were glorious. And now it's all over. I want out. I want later sunsets and dirt trails. I want friends exhausted and dirty enjoying a beer and laughter after a long ride.
I ran my first race of the season on Saturday. It was a glorious 40 degree start. No base layers needed. But the ground hadn't had a chance to catch up. The trail was ice. Not a bit of ice, or a patch of ice... nope. a simple slip and slide of doom (and if you're brave enough to click, that video made it look good). I opted for the 5k, instead of the 10k because a) I'm a big baby, and it was icy, b) because after injuring myself last year on a run and spending months off my mountain bike, I'm not about to let any run do that again. Overall, it was a run. I finished slower than I was hoping for with good conditions, but much better than I was expecting given the ice.
I followed up the run with a nice recovery run and some rock climbing with friends on Sunday... No seriously, I don't even know me any more... And I kind of like it.
(not only am I not in this image, it's not even from last weekend... the internet is full of lies)
If you’ve tried my Morning Spinach Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
For Another healthy breakfast option, try this out.
Or just indulge in one of these.
Morning Spinach Smoothie
- 6 oz container yogurt - grab a variety of flavors to keep you entertained
- As much spinach as you can shove in your blender
- 1 banana - fresh or frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- Spoon the yogurt into the blender, shove as much spinach as you can / want in after it pour the almond milk over top.
- Finally slice the banana and toss it in. Put the cap on and pulse until smooth.
- If you need / want add a few ice cubes to make it colder.
- This smoothie is pretty thick and isn't packed with tons of stuff. Feel free to toss in whatever fresh or frozen berries you have on hand, some peanut butter, chia seeds, or anything else you can think of to keep it fresh and healthy.
- At first, its like ew spinach. But then it's like yummm.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!