Slow cooker hamburger soup is a hearty, warm, comforting bowl of kid-friendly food. It cooks up easily in a slow cooker, making it an easy weeknight meal.
Hamburger Soup is a thick and hearty meal to warm you up. Bonus, kids love it (adults do too). It has the beefy body of a chili, with an entirely different spice flavor profile. This is something that you can spend five minutes prepping in the morning, then let stew in the slow cooker all day long for a no fuss dinner. Yeah, you’re gonna like this one.
You can also make Hamburger Soup with Rice or Pasta
If you are looking to stretch this soup out a little farther, or just like the idea of it, you can add a little grain to the mix. One of my first testers thought that this soup would be great with a little orzo or other small pasta mixed in. It could even go well with some larger pasta, though then I feel that you are treating it more like a sauce, and less like a soup.
Personally, I think that if you are going to add some starch to the soup, rice would be a great way to go. Similar to pouring chili over rice, but with a distinctly hamburger soup flavor. Let me know in the comments if you try any of these variations out, and how they go!
True Story, I love burgers, so much so, that I own and manage Burger Month. This Hamburger Soup is an outside the bun favorite, but if you’re looking for the absolute best burger game around, I think you’ve found it. Try these babies out on your grill!
– Shrimp Po Boy Burger
– Roasted Garlic Butter Burgers
– Caribbean-Jerk Lamb Burgers with Tostones
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 14 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Combine the ground beef with the next 10 ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Spoon out in bowls and top with cheddar cheese.
Adapted from a recipe my friend sent me from Allrecipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wolf Gourmet WGSC100S Programmable Multi Function Cooker with Temperature Probe - Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Sear, Sous Vide, Stainless Steel with Grey Knob (Red Knob)
- Mccormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak & Chicken Seasonings Bundle
- Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 9-Inch Skillet with Iron Handle, Cherry
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 405 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 108mg Sodium: 1434mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 35g