Sweet and French-toast flavor contrasted by the salty bacon. Say Hello to Maple French toast bacon cupcakes. The name is a mouthful, and so are the cupcakes… a mouthful of deliciousness!
Want to streamline your baking, speed up your cooking and spend less time in the kitchen? Check your salt situation before you start baking…. Oh and check your eggs, too. Because when you look at a recipe and think there is no way that there is 30 minutes of prep work, know that the author somehow knew that you were going to have to stop a quarter of the way through to run out for salt. Then again, half way through when you realize you only have two eggs left in the fridge.
In other words, use some common sense and check everything before you start. A lesson I should have learned long before I made not two but three trips to the market today…
Three trips… Seriously.
But so worth the trips for a taste of these maple French toast bacon cupcakes.
If you’ve tried my Maple French Toast Bacon Cupcakes recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Love Cupcakes? How can you not? Little personal serving sized cakes that don’t require a fork, HECK YEAH! Try these out while you’re at it!
Spiked Mudslide Cupcakes
Black and White Irish Cream Cupcakes
Almond Green Tea Cupcakes
Maple French Toast Bacon Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3.9- ounce box vanilla pudding mix - instant
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites - at room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half - at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon - 5 strips
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 strips bacon - cooked and chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
Prepare the cupcakes:
- Combine the flours, pudding mix, baking powder, potato starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars with a mixer on low speed until combined, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Gradually mix in the vanilla and egg whites. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the maple syrup and half-and-half, mixing after each addition and ending with flour.
- Mix until the ingredients are just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in the bacon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters of the way.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon; beat until combined.
- Spread on the cooled cupcakes; top with chopped bacon, if desired.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!