This Shrimp Po Boy Burger is a Cajun spiced all beef patty with spicy grilled shrimp topped with shredded lettuce, tomato and a zesty remoulade sauce.
Did you know that for the entire month of May we are celebrating #burgermonth over at GirlCarnivore and on BurgerMonth.com? That’s right – 31 days of awesome burger goodness spread out over 31 kicking blogs. Each featuring a creation that will leave you inspired and ready to make your own epic burger.
What Makes a Po Boy Burger?
Today’s patty o’ awesome was inspired by the fresh crisp pickles from Farmer’s Garden and a craving for something a little bolder, a little bigger, and very very messy. This epic burger creation is a Cajun spiced all beef patty with spicy grilled shrimp topped with shredded lettuce, tomato and a zesty remoulade sauce. It’s a Shrimp Po Boy Burger that will make anything less look like it forgot to take it’s vitamins. Get inspired with the simple moments that make backyard grilling perfect for friends and family and make your own #farmtojar burger creation.
If you’re like me and always searching for the perfect burger, try these out!
The Conquistador Turkey Burger
Roasted Garlic Butter Burgers
Panko Fried Oyster Bayou Burger Recipe
And don’t forget to join the Burger Month excitement every year!
If you’ve tried my Shrimp Po Boy Burger recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tsp chipotle mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp Farmer's Garden pickles, minced
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 Toasted buns, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomato for serving
- Whisk the mayo, hot sauce, 2 teas Cajun seasoning, chipotle mustard, 2 teas Worcestershire sauce, garlic clove, and minced Farmer's Garden pickles in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When ready to grill, preheat grill to medium high an grease grill grate.
- Mix the ground beef with 1 tbs Cajun seasoning and remaining 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce.
- Form into 6 patties with an indent in the center from your thumb to avoid poofy patties on the grill.
- Skewer the shrimp onto grilling skewers and seasoning with remaining 1 tbs Cajun seasoning.
- Grill the patties 5 to 8 minutes, flipping once half way through, until cooked to desired temp. Remove from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill the shrimp 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once halfway through until cooked through. Remove shrimp from skewers carefully.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns topped with tomato, lettuce, shrimp and a heaping dollop of remoulade sauce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 1781mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 53g