These little bites of perfection are crispy oven baked french fries. Yep, you read it, oven baked. Who knew fries could be this easy?
What goes with the perfect char-grilled piece of meat as good as crispy perfect fries? Nothing. The problem is, how do you get those perfect fries at home? I have tried over and over again with my big pot of heavy oil and bags and bags of various brands, and even hand cut fries trying to get that Five-Guys crunch. Never quite realizing that ideal crispy perfection.
I have finally found the solution.
And the great news? They aren’t even fried. These little bites of perfection are crispy oven baked french fries. Yep, you read it. Oven baked. Who knew fries could be this easy? Kiss the deep fryer behind.
Now that you have the fries, what should they go with? Here are some of my favorite ideas.
Shrimp Po Boy Burgers
Best Ever Barbecued Ribs & Charred Corn Salad with Basil and Tomatoes
Perfect Pan Seared Ribeye Steaks
If you’ve tried my Crispy Oven Baked French Fries recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 4 to 5 russet potatoes
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place rack on the lowest position.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/2" thick slices. Place in a large microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, tossing half way through until soft and edges are slightly translucent.
- Remove the potatoes from the bowl and pat dry.
- Coat a heavy duty rimmed aluminum baking pan with 5 tbsp vegetable oil. Place in the oven 5 to 7 minutes, until the oil just starts to smoke.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1 tbsp vegetable oil with salt and cornstarch in a small bowl. Toss the potatoes with the cornstarch mixture and carefully arrange on the oil coated baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and place fries on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle with additional salt if desired and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate from nutritionix.com. For specific health concerns, please put the recipe into your Dr recommended nutrition calculator.