This Blueberry Milk recipe is the perfect addition to your breakfast recipes! This blueberry-flavored milk consists of fresh blueberries, sugar, water, and milk, creating the most fun treat for kids and adults!
In this article:
Blueberry Milk is a great recipe for adding a little bit of fun to your morning routine! Whether drinking it alone or pairing it with some Blueberry Pancakes or Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake, this special treat is the perfect way to start your day!
What Is Blueberry Milk?
Remember that strawberry milk you drank as a kid? Well, this is like that but made with blueberries! The first part of this recipe consists of making blueberry syrup and then mixing whole cow's milk to get that perfect blueberry milk! And it's made with natural ingredients and no preservatives or colors, making it the perfect breakfast or snack for any occasion!
Why you'll love this recipe
This delicious recipe is easy to make and a delicious snack for kids and adults! Plus, it's packed with powerful antioxidants, a substance that rids the body of free radicals, which are highly unstable molecules that can cause cell damage! Basically, this Blueberry Milk is a superhero drink that helps you ward off the bad guys. What's not to love?
- Fresh blueberries
- Sugar (adjust to taste)
- Dairy milk (½ cup per glass)
How to Make Homemade Blueberry Milk
First, grab a small saucepan and put water, sugar, and blueberries in it. Now, let it all boil for 5 minutes, and then take it off the heat.
Next, strain this blueberry syrup mixture into a bowl or measuring cup using a fine-mesh sieve or a nut milk bag. Make sure to push those berries to get all the yummy liquid out.
Now, pop that syrup into the fridge to cool down. While it's chilling, get your glasses ready. Each glass gets 2 teaspoons of the syrup at the bottom.
When the syrup is nice and cold, add half a cup of cold milk to each glass. Give it a good stir, and you'll see your milk turn into a beautiful pale violet color. Enjoy!
Expert Recipe Tips
- Mix with vanilla ice cream and make a blueberry milkshake!
- Add this blueberry milk to other fruits and make a blueberry smoothie!
- If you have any, use wild blueberries for an even more vibrant taste!
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to add a depth of flavor.
Store leftover blueberry milk in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. Before serving, give the jar or container a little shake to evenly distribute the ingredients.
Use your favorite milk, whether whole milk or dairy alternatives like almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
Yes! Feel free to use maple syrup, honey, simple syrup, or any other type of sweetener you prefer!
Absolutely! They just won't taste as fresh, but that's okay!
If you want, you can use flavored almond milk or oat milk in this recipe to jazz things up!
More Blueberry Recipes
If you want to jazz up your breakfast or add a little more antioxidants to your life, this Blueberry Milk recipe is for you! If you try this recipe, please rate the recipe card and let us know if you liked it!
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoon sugar - more depending on how sweet you like it
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups milk - ½ cup per glass
- In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, and blueberries to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil continuously for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Strain mixture into a bowl or measuring cup through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing the berries to release all liquid.
- Refrigerate syrup until cold.
- Set out glasses on counter, and place 2 teaspoons syrup in the bottom of each glass.
- Add ½ cup cold milk to each glass, stir and watch your milk become a pale shade of violet deliciousness.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!