This Halloween pumpkin cheesecake is a rich, creamy pumpkin flavored cheesecake, decorated to look like a spider web. Fun to make, too!
I am the queen at saying things that make you want to chew on your toes. THE Queen. If the position for emperor is open, I am certainly in the candidacy soon to be running for overlord. With this little tidbit of knowledge in mind I'm going to share a story.
The other night I was at a friend's house and his roommate was keeping watch over our attempt to repair my sewing machine with his hot tea in hand. The roommate stood silently for a while while my friend and I carried on around him. Finally he spoke, "So, I went to visit my mom and step father last night."
Pause. Long pause.
"And," he continued, "he was complaining about being ill and he looked like a zombie."
Pause. Long pause. So in an attempt to be polite and make conversation with the odd roommate, I replied, "Well, maybe he is a zombie. It's kind of trendy these days."
"Well, (pause) he died an hour ago so... "
See, I told you, the queen.
Let's change the subject and bake a Halloween pumpkin cheesecake.
If you’ve tried this Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1.5 cups OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 square Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tsp. butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or 325°F if using a dark 9-inch nonstick springform pan).
For the Crust
- Mix cookie crumbs and 2 Tbsp. butter
- press firmly onto bottom of pan. Set aside.
For the Cheesecake
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set; cool slightly.
- Carefully spread sour cream over top of cheesecake.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Place chocolate and 1 tsp. butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 30 sec.
- stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle over cheesecake in spiral pattern.
- Starting at center of cheesecake, pull a toothpick through lines from center of cheesecake to outside edge of cheesecake to resemble a spider's web.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
from Kraft Recipes
Isn't this Halloween pumpkin cheesecake the perfect thing for a Halloween party?
I wonder if zombies like cheesecake...
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!
Hey, if pumpkin cheesecake isn't your thing, you should check out these other cheesecake recipes: