This goat cheese fondue is simple, but delicious. Fondue is fun, interactive, and get's people playing with their hands. Who doesn't love gooey warm cheese?
Looking for a fun date night appetizer? Or heck, maybe this will be the whole first course before you take things away from the dinner table. This goat cheese fondue is simple, but delicious. Fondue is fun, interactive, and get's people playing with their hands. Light some candles, bust out the Barry Manilow and let's get some Valentine's Day date night cooking going on. Who doesn't love gooey warm cheese? Especially when its light and flavorful all at the same time. Bring on the apron and pearls. They will never know how easy it was, and you will get all the praise.
If you're single, this makes a rocking 'yay me!' party dinner too. Just saying. Didn't want to leave anyone out... I'm down with a cheese party of all sizes.
If you’ve tried my Goat Cheese Fondue recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
It seems like every time I have Goat Cheese I suddenly am looking for more things to do with it. Try these recipes out.
- 8 oz plain chevre cheese
- 8 oz herb chevre cheese
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ground pepper
- bread - fruit, chips, and any other delicious treats you may want to use as dipping sticks
- Let the cheese rest at room temp for 30 minutes. Slice and place in slow cooker.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook the garlic with the wine until the garlic begins to brown and wine has cooked down a bit. About 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, wine, heavy cream, sage and pepper to the cheese in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Put on low heat and let the cheese melt, stirring every now and then until completely melted and smooth. About 1 hour.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm and serve with bread, fruits (really good on apple slices) and other desired treats.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!