This artichoke chicken pasta is a quick, easy, rich and creamy dinner. Marinate the chicken during the day and the dish comes together in just 20 minutes that night.
It was another late night dinner when Handsome got home from school at 10 PM. I always feel bad because he doesn't often get a lot to eat during the day and being a hard worker, I want to make sure he gets at least one good meal a day. Not to mention, we both love chicken, and he loves himself some artichokes (not sure that I do).
I haven't used artichokes much, and the few times I've had them (canned), they seemed bitter and a little grainy. But I was determined to use them.
So, with no real idea of what I wanted to make, I went town in the kitchen making this hearty, easy artichoke chicken pasta.
If you’ve tried my Artichoke Chicken Pasta recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Artichoke Chicken Pasta
For the marinade:
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta Recipe \ PassTheSushi.com3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless - skinless chicken breast
For the Pasta:
- 1 cup cream sauce - I used a leftover Fontina cream sauce I had made previously, and thinned it out more with milk.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 6 slices bacon - diced
- 15 oz can artichokes
- 12 oz Pasta of choice
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag and add marinate.
- Close the bag and let chicken marinate for 1 to 12 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high. Cook chicken 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, bring heavily salted water to a boil for the pasta. Boil per directions on box.
- In skillet heated to medium-high, saute onion in olive oil 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and saute until crisp. Drain.
- In same skillet, add artichokes and heat through.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Toss pasta, with your cream sauce of choice, artichoke bacon mix, and chicken.
- Top with fresh Parmesan, parsley and fresh black pepper.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Going in, I really had no idea if this artichoke chicken pasta recipe would work or not, but I was impressed with the end result. It was rich and delicious.
The lemon in the chicken really stood out, which was great because I was afraid the cream sauce and artichoke would over power it. It looked super fancy and really only took 20 minutes to pull together. Quick and tasty - that's what we're talking about.