This Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail is sweet, tangy, and the perfect refreshing summer beverage! It’s loaded with just about as much huckleberry flavor as you could want and garnished with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
If you’re able to get your hands on a bottle of huckleberry vodka, you won’t regret whipping up a glass of this delicious and refreshing Huckleberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktail. This drink is made with huckleberry vodka (if you’re lucky), huckleberry lemonade, AND huckleberry jam for all of that delicious berry flavor.
Ready in just a few short minutes!
- Potato Vodka - if you can find huckleberry vodka, that’s a win. Otherwise, any variety will work. I use 44 North vodka, but use your favorite.
- Huckleberry Lemonade - 44 North also has a huckleberry lemonade, so if you can find that go for it. If not, another variety will work.
- Limoncello - gives the cocktail a delicious, fresh citrusy flavor.
- Huckleberry Jam - whatever variety of huckleberry jam you can get your hands on will work.
- Ice - to chill, of course. You’ll use ice to shake and to serve.
- Garnishes - we’re making the drink extra pretty with a lemon twist and a sprig of fresh thyme.
How to Make a Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail
In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello over ice. Shake to chill.
To a highball glass with ice, add the huckleberry jam, then strain the cocktail over the top. Swirl with a spoon to mix, then garnish with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
What Flavor is Huckleberry Vodka?
The flavor of huckleberry vodka is often compared to that of blueberries. It’s sweet with a subtle tartness. And it’s oh-so-good!
Substitution for Huckleberry
If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a bottle of huckleberry vodka, you won’t want any substitutions. However, sometimes those bottles of liquid gold are hard to come by. In that case, you can sub the huckleberry vodka out for any variety of 44 North vodka. Torani makes inexpensive huckleberry syrup for drinks. You can whip up a batch with your favorite brand of lemonade and Torani Huckleberry Syrup for a fabulous berry flavor.
If you’re looking for a total huckleberry makeover, you can either find another cocktail recipe (there’s a lot of huckleberry in this drink) OR swap anything huckleberry out for a different flavor. Raspberry would be delicious!
Tips and Notes
- Use all the ice! You’ll use ice to shake the drink AND to serve the drink. The colder the better.
- Serve immediately. Once the drink is fully assembled, don’t wait too long before you enjoy it. If it sits too long, the ice will melt and you’ll dilute all that yummy huckleberry flavor.
- Blend it. I love this drink on the rocks, but if you want to switch things up, try throwing the huckleberry lemonade in a blender with ice cubes. This will give you a blended frozen drink that can be served in a margarita-style glass.
Can I Make This in Advance?
Once it’s fully assembled, no. The ice will start to melt and the drink will become watery. However, you can combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello in a glass jar if you would like. I would wait until you’re just ready to serve to add the jam or syrup for the best flavor.
More Spiked Lemonade Recipes
- Smoked Winter Gin and Tonic Cocktail
- Smoked Cherry Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Grilled Peach Ginger Bourbon Cocktail
- Spiked Potato and Huckleberry Swirl Ice Cream
If you’ve tried my Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 oz potato vodka - huckleberry flavored if your lucky
- 4 oz huckleberry lemonade
- 2 oz limoncello
- ½ teas huckleberry jam
- Lemon twist
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello over ice and shake to cool.
- Add the huckleberry jam to a highball glass with ice. Strain in the cocktail over the fresh ice and swirl with a spoon to mix.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Courtney Whitmore says
Yum! Looks delish! Can't wait to try it!
Cheryl - Pook's Pantry says
Pinned and Shared!!! this is beautiful!
Lisa @ Wine & Glue says
Totally loving this cocktail!
Call it a Huckleberry Pucker!
Lisanne Libner says
Found this looking for a recipe for a Huckleberry Mocktail, but with the cameo appearance of Limoncello, I can't resist making the recipe the way you intended it.
As for a name? One of my favorite lines from a movie was said by Doc Holliday (Val Killmer) "I'm your Huckleberry". Your recipe sounds like it's up to the task of representing this tried and true line.
I've also got another one at bat, "Huckleberry Fling" a tip of the hat to Mark Twain, with an updated twist.
I quote Doc all of the time! And I am a huge train fan. I sincerely appreciate the comment and hope you enjoyed the cocktail! If you love limoncello, check out my gelato with it - still one of my favorite go to recipes every summer.