This Huckleberry Lemonade recipe is sweet and tangy and the perfect refreshing summer beverage! It’s loaded with just about as much huckleberry flavor as you could want and garnished with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
If you’re able to get your hands on a bottle of huckleberry vodka, you won’t regret whipping up a glass of this delicious and refreshing Huckleberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktail. This drink is made with huckleberry vodka (if you’re lucky), huckleberry lemonade, AND huckleberry jam for all of that delicious berry flavor.
Ready in just a few short minutes!
What Is a Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail?
A Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail is a drink crafted with potato vodka, huckleberry lemonade, limoncello, and huckleberry jam. It’s a bright cocktail with a tart flavor, perfect for a hot day, like a Limoncello Spritz or a Raspberry Sake Tea Cocktail!
Why you’ll love this recipe
This refreshing recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients! Plus, it’s made with natural flavors and no artificial dyes or flavorings! And you can make a large batch for a party so you and your guests can cool down and chill out!
- Potato Vodka – if you can find huckleberry vodka, that’s a win. Otherwise, any variety will work. We use 44 North vodka but use your favorite.
- Huckleberry Lemonade – 44 North also has a huckleberry lemonade, so if you can find it, go for it. If not, another variety will work.
- Limoncello – gives the cocktail a delicious, fresh, citrusy flavor.
- Huckleberry Jam – whatever variety of huckleberry jam you can get your hands on will work.
- Ice – to chill, of course. You’ll use ice to shake and to serve.
- Garnishes – we’re making the drink extra pretty with a lemon twist or a lemon wedge and a sprig of fresh thyme.
How to Make Huckleberry Lemonade
In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello over ice. Shake to chill.
To a highball glass with ice, add the huckleberry jam, then strain the cocktail over the top. Swirl with a spoon to mix, then garnish with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
Expert Recipe Tips
- Use all the ice! You’ll use ice to shake the drink and to serve it. The colder the better.
- Serve immediately. Once the drink is fully assembled, don’t wait too long before you enjoy it. If it sits too long, the ice will melt, and you’ll dilute all that yummy huckleberry flavor.
- Blend it. We love this drink on the rocks, but if you want to switch things up, try throwing the huckleberry lemonade in a blender with ice cubes. This will give you a blended frozen drink that can be served in a margarita-style glass.
- Real huckleberry syrup. Swap out the huckleberry jam for real huckleberry syrup for an even more indulgent cocktail!
- Low sugar. If you want to lower the sugar content, swap out the lemonade for lemon juice!
- Make homemade lemonade. If you have homemade lemonade on hand or would prefer to make your own, go for it!
The flavor of huckleberry vodka is often compared to that of blueberries. It’s sweet with a subtle tartness. And it’s oh-so-good!
If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a bottle of huckleberry vodka, you won’t want any substitutions. However, sometimes, those bottles of liquid gold are hard to come by. In that case, you can sub the Huckleberry vodka out for any variety of 44 North vodka. Torani makes inexpensive huckleberry syrup for drinks. You can whip up a batch with your favorite brand of lemonade and Torani Huckleberry Syrup for a fabulous berry flavor.
If you’re looking for a total huckleberry makeover, you can either find another cocktail recipe (there’s a lot of huckleberry in this drink) OR swap anything huckleberry out for a different flavor. Raspberry would be delicious!
Once it’s fully assembled, no. The ice will start to melt, and the drink will become watery. However, you can combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello in a glass jar if you would like. We would wait until you’re ready to serve to add the jam or syrup for the best flavor.
More Spiked Lemonade Recipes
This refreshing, vibrant cocktail is the perfect way to relax after a hot day! With simple ingredients like huckleberry lemonade, vodka, and huckleberry jam, this fruity cocktail will become your new favorite drink! If you try this recipe, please rate the recipe card and let us know if you liked it!
Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 oz potato vodka - huckleberry flavored if your lucky
- 4 oz huckleberry lemonade
- 2 oz limoncello
- 1/2 teas huckleberry jam
- Lemon twist
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello over ice and shake to cool.
- Add the huckleberry jam to a highball glass with ice. Strain in the cocktail over the fresh ice and swirl with a spoon to mix.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!