This Angel Hair Pasta Salad if loaded with corn, chorizo, avocado, and grape tomatoes. A sure crowd pleaser, break this out for your next potluck.
Someone should warn you that as you get older, time speeds up. I am pretty sure I am still flexing my pasta rolling arms in satisfaction and it's already time for the May round of Pass the Cook Book Club. What's that, you ask. Oh, just a totally chill group on facebook where we pick a book and some recipes then all give them a try on the same date. Pretty fun, low key, and a cook way to try out new recipes. Best part is you don't even have to be a blogger. You may just enjoy reading food blogs and looking for a little inspiration in the kitchen. Well, bam! Here it is ;D
Interested in joining? Click to read more about the Pass the Cook Book Club. To join the club, click for our facebook group here. (Please message me to let me know you are a real human, as we have been getting some spam lately ><) Remember, you don’t need a blog – you just need to want to cook!
If you’ve tried my Angel Hair Pasta Salad with Corn and Chorizo recipe, or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Pasta is always a go to meal for feeding a crowd. Try one of these recipes out next time you have a hungry crew!
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ears sweet corn - kernels cut from the cobs (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic - sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper flake
- 2 cups grape tomatoes - halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado - sliced and diced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 lbs fresh cooked chorizo - sliced
- handful fresh cilantro - snipped
- Bring a large pot of haevily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just al dente, stirring often so that it doesnt stick. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, and drain the rest. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heated to medium-high, add the olive oil and corn, spreading into a single layer.
- Let the corn cook until browned, no stirring, for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, oregano, a heavy pinch salt and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, and half of the reserved pasta water and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, stiring the noodles into the sauce, add the remaining pasta water if needed, but keep in mind this is a pasta salad and a little more EVOO is yet to come.
- Off heat, stir in the tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil. Cover and cool in fridge.
- When ready to serve, toss in sliced avocado, feta cheese, chorizo, and cilantro.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Check out all the Club Recipes!