Thin Mint Trifles

There is something so awesome about Girl Scout cookies. From childhood memories of selling them myself (though,  I never made it past Brownie) to a secret love for the little buggers, they are awesome. So, when I saw something like 20 boxes in my father’s pantry, I first worried that he was stocking up for doomsday, then ‘borrowed’ a few boxes for creation. We’ve been enjoying sweet desserts with the classic Girl Scout cookies hidden in here and there for weeks.

I saw these beautiful Tagalong Peanut Butter Parfaits last year on My Kitchen Addiction and fell in love with the idea. So when I looked at the three boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mints I had left I knew exactly what I wanted to make.

I knew this simple dessert was going to be good…. I didn’t know it was going to be ‘that’ good. Make an extra one for yourself, you’re going to need it. ;)

Comments

YES!!! This is awesome! Anything with Thin Mints…yep, you have my vote! I made these Thin Mint Truffles in December {http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/12/thin-mint-truffles-and-video.html} ….they didn’t even last one day!!
    BUZZ!

I love girl scout cookies and thin mints are one of my favorites. I freeze them though and eat them cold lol. This trifle sounds so good.

See, I don’t like mint. Especially not in my chocolate. I committed the apparently mortal sin of spitting out a Thin Mint I was pressured into trying anyways. Now, Samoa trifles, that would be my kind of thing :) (And my wife would inhale the Thin Mint trifles).

OMG tagalong parfaits & thin mint trifles – it’s like girl scout cookie heaven!! I love how they’re individual servings – no danger of eating a whole large trifle of girl scout cookies on my own! :) This sounds amazing!

You made me spit out my raw veggies I was eating! PA-TOOEY! I don’t want raw veggies when I can have THIS! Omg, these are our favorites too. I swear I smell them now…mmmm!

You did a great job with these! I am very impressed. I love the contrast of the green mint!

Ahh I was going to make these two weeks ago but I can’t find the darn GS and my friend who was goin to order them for me has flopped so I’m without the beloved thin mints to make my trifle! So upset :( but yours looks FLAWLESS. So so good!!

I LOVE your recipes but don’t comment – ever. I’m one of those silent readers who gets it via email and drools over the recipes. All of your stuff always looks so good and tempting

I also hail from the small town of Newark and every time I go into the co-op I think “I wonder if she has any of her delicious creations at the comic book store with her?!” haha I promise I won’t creepy stalk you. I just wanted to comment and say Hi to a fellow Delawarean

Don’t worry, I’ve had weirder things happen at the comic shop than someone asking for baked goods. ;) I wouldn’t find it stalkerish at all. Thanks for saying Hi. I am a silent reader on a ton of sites myself so I totally get it.

I only have four or five boxes of these in the freezer. (I don’t know how many we ordered from the niece—enough for her to get a merit badge, surely.) What a great recipe to use them up and fantastic pics!

Wow, these look fantastic. I never made it past Brownie either, I really didn’t want to wear the green uniform to school and carry my violin as well. Wish I had kept up the violin though. Beautiful photos and congrats on the Top 9.

BAM!

That is one sexy ass dessert. I ADORE thin mints. I have a friend mail me like 10 boxes every year from Vegas. I’m totally bookmarking this for my next batch!

Ugh, LOVE girl scout cookie season! My friend from work has two little girls, so I always end up buying a few boxes from him. I didn’t get thin mints this year but now I wish I did!! I’ll have to see if I can find a troop selling outside the grocery store or post office :) These look delish!